Garages being auctioned/sold

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Garages being auctioned/sold

Postby alexander1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:35 pm

We are a small community of 14 houses. Originally 2 phases, 14 with a further 14 at a later date. These were deemed illegal and not built. There are 28 garages and some owners have two. One man has several under a company name and has started auctioning/selling these off. My question is.... is it legal?

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Garages being auctioned/sold

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:30 pm

I really don't know the legal implications of this but I would Imagine that these garages were built solely for the use of community residents, if there are 28 garages it would be presumably be 1 garage per abode, as the second phase of a further 14 house has now been knocked back would that not imply that 14 of these garages are now illegal ?

Why are you concerned about this, does it matter to you who owns/uses them ?

In Torrox, where I currently reside, 2 adjacent Garages were recently sold for €65000, (you can buy a house for less) parking here being very difficult in the pueblo !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:49 pm

I guess if its allowed under the community rules to rent/sell your garages then its ok?

I can see where you are coming from .we lived on a small urb of less than ten houses. All with garages plus two or three spares that i presume the community rented off? ( if not owned by individual home owners) later these garages had either been sold off or re rented to locals who used them as some sort of workshops. Driving into the street at high speed, making lots of nose,leaving the main door open which is a security issue ontop of not wanting cats etc to get stuck inside. Also people who you have no idea about having access to internal garages which then gives potential access to other peoples garages and houses. Glad we moved but old neighbours arent happy

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Thank you all for your replies. To cut a long story short some owners bought extra spaces as they had two cars but there was a trade off on the houses that were not built as a BBQ area was built which infringed (only slightly!) where phase 2 would have been built. At an AGM it was agreed as he owned 10 garages the community fees would be waived. The land where phase two would have been is all fenced off. Will never be built on as it was classed as illegal. I do have a feeling he will be entitled to sell them off. We have already had a car stolen from the garage .... but that is another Story!