Retirement age Spain

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Retirement age Spain

Postby olive » Fri May 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Does anyone have a table for those working in their 60’s, to show what your retirement age is please?

For the UK there is a government website that you put your birth date in and it says when you reach state pension age? Anything like that in Spain?

Might be academic as something will have to produce savings to fund economic recovery. Raising the retiring age to say 85 would save lots.......

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Retirement age Spain

Postby pensure1988 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:28 pm

I do not think they are that sophisticated in Spain yet.

Here is a Citizans Advice Bureaux,Spain link with a few facts & figures for you.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/p ... 2019-2020/

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 23, 2020 6:09 am

If you are registered on the INSS web site and it will tell you to the day how much longer you have to work together with an estimate of how much your pension will be.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am

pensure. That is a good resource link. Thanks.

Beachcomber. No we aren't registered with INSS website but we did use to get yearly statements of paid in and for how many years. Presumably you just go to the INSS office having made an appointment in order to register?

Date for UK state pension age is March 2021 and January 2021 for Spanish. I don't know if the "combined" UK/Spanish EU pension is still a thing after 1st January. Anyone know? In any case with there being a disparity due to the two countries different retirement ages, it will behove us to approach INSS as last country of work in the Autumn this year to avoid complications. Maybe we can opt for a notional date of March 2021 as actual retirement date to make it easier for INSS and the UK to calculate whatever is payable and from what date.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am

I cannot remember how I originally registered but now I just access the site with our digital certificates.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Olive, I'm not sure what you mean by a Combined "pension", If you have worked in U K AND Spain. the pensions will be paid separately and probably on different days of the month. The info is easy to access in U K not sure about Spain though !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 23, 2020 4:52 pm

That is a possible issue re brexit. Heck knows what if any agreements have been made.but ppl were concerend about how it will be effected Doesnt seem like many agreements have been made going by reports. Claim in your last country of work and they should contact any other countries you worked in.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm Olive, I'm not sure what you mean by a Combined "pension", If you have worked in U K AND Spain. the pensions will be paid separately and probably on different days of the month. The info is easy to access in U K not sure about Spain though !
Bit of deja Vu ......viewtopic.php?f=22&t=38202&p=378142&hil ... on#p378142

I think the important point in that thread is that if you did 25 years in UK and 14 in Spain , the 14 would actually count for something whereas if you just did 14 in Spain and nothing elsewhere you would qualify for nothing.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 23, 2020 8:30 pm

You need 15 years working contributions in Spain to qualify for minimum state pension, so if you have 25 years in U k AND 15 IN Spain then you would have a reasonable pension !

It's interesting to know that many E U countries have different scales and criteria for calculating pensions, Spain is one of the stiffest, they don't want to pay pensions for those who haven't earned enough !

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 23, 2020 8:38 pm

From Pensure's web link

"to be entitled to a pension, you need at least 15 contributing years (combined years from any EU country) to be entitled to a minimum pension which will amount to 50% of the ´base reguladora´ (for Autonomos) or minimum state pension for employees, based on their past wages. At least 2 contributing years need to be within the period of 15 years leading up to your legal pension age."

I read that to be you could do ten in 4 countries and they would be combined and crucially you would qualify. So using my example and a crude assumption that every country you worked in used 40 as the number of years for max pension.

then UK 25/40 x £165 say = pension
Spain 14/40 x 250 euros = pension (as opposed to nothing)

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat May 23, 2020 10:22 pm

I started a thread on A.com re. Spanish pensions 9 or 10 years ago, if you have worked a minimum of 1 year in working days , then you can claim a pension, as far as I'm aware that's still the same.
When I attended the INSS office in Loja they were unaware that I would be entitled to any Spanish pension, but I gave them the info that I had and it all went through smoothly, took a while, they told me that they had to wait for the correct info. from UK.
Certainly worth claiming if only a small amount, I receive mine every month on the 25th and double twice a year..
Regards,
Gordon

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 pm

I read an article yesterday that said the retirement age in Spain was due to be raised to 67 from 2027. But because of the current crisis this was likely be brought forward to next year.
The article also pointed out that for every 5 euros collected in taxes in Spain, 2 euros went on pensions!

Sorry I can't remember the source.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 am

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_ ... perts.html

Re the pensions.

Alot of spanish workers will also get the shock of the dodgy contracts where they thought they had worked enough to claim a full pension until they see that there full time contract on paper actually wasnt!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 am

biribiri wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 pm I read an article yesterday that said the retirement age in Spain was due to be raised to 67 from 2027. But because of the current crisis this was likely be brought forward to next year.
The article also pointed out that for every 5 euros collected in taxes in Spain, 2 euros went on pensions!

Sorry I can't remember the source.
I alluded to that in my first post. It is a sad fact that pensions and pension age are two easy targets. When/If EU money is given/lent to Spain, it will no doubt come with conditions like reforms. Pensions will be in their sights. Hopefully not those about to retire who technically cannot do much about changing or improving their lot in a matter of months.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Pension age changes have been happening for along time and will continue for many years to come. Is therexa spanish version of the wasp women? Did less spanish women work?

As you say its an easy target as the the rich and public sector get looked after while others are just thankful to even reach an age where they can retire. Its not something the younger ones of us hae to worry about as we dont even have one!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm

elusive wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 amAlot of spanish workers will also get the shock of the dodgy contracts where they thought they had worked enough to claim a full pension until they see that there full time contract on paper actually wasnt!
90% of the people i know will be affected by this - where does it end? Is it the workers fault that they had a bad contract? If they can prove where they worked and for how long, will anything be done about it?

Will the inss turn around and say 'well you signed it, tough luck?'

Its worrying because it means that like paro, its based on whats on paper.. And if the paper says 1/4 of what you actually did, thats all they will pay as a pension, if anything at all !!!
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 30, 2020 1:48 pm

If you are able to access the INSS web site there is a record of contributions that you have credited to you together with your date of retirement and estimated pension value.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 30, 2020 6:51 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm
elusive wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 amAlot of spanish workers will also get the shock of the dodgy contracts where they thought they had worked enough to claim a full pension until they see that there full time contract on paper actually wasnt!
90% of the people i know will be affected by this - where does it end? Is it the workers fault that they had a bad contract? If they can prove where they worked and for how long, will anything be done about it?

Will the inss turn around and say 'well you signed it, tough luck?'

Its worrying because it means that like paro, its based on whats on paper.. And if the paper says 1/4 of what you actually did, thats all they will pay as a pension, if anything at all !!!

I think sanchez mentioned something about changes at the last election. Something to do with how your years are worked out from the hrs you do. havnt read a huge amount about how the pension is worked out but from what i have it seems quite complicated rather than a standard format. Time will tell what changes happen. I guess with all this it might go out the window.

Its good having a pension based on what you pay in unlike the injustice of the uk one. But then you need to insure fiddles like whats happening now is stopped

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Due to my "part time" contracts over the years I started a private pension with the bank some years ago, paying in x amount every month.

if we dont get much from the government when I retire, at least i´ll have something :(

My old man had it right.. he was born in the 50´s, left school at 16, did an apprenticeship as a plumber and started working at 18. he retired in his 60s, and had more than 45 years contributions, plus 4 private pensions... (!)

The pile of paperwork that we had to fill in was amazing, but it all got sorted in the end.

The "working class" youngsters of today dont have the same mentality, with all the b*llsh*t degrees on offer that never amount to anything.

Christ im not 40 yet, i sound like an old man :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi spanish_lad,
A wise old man..............stick with the program........ 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.