Tax penalty

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
ashtondav
Resident

Tax penalty

Postby ashtondav » Sun May 31, 2020 4:07 pm

I am in the uk and all my impuesto tax information is in my house in Spain. Instead of visiting from april to July it now looks as though I will not get out until September. This means that the tax I owe in June ( for fiscal 2019) will not be paid until October.

I know most people have until December to pay but as I have two properties I have been told it’s a June deadline.

Does anyone know what the penalty fees or surcharges will be?

ashtondav
Resident

Re: Tax penalty

Postby ashtondav » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 am

Well luckily, given the lack of knowledge, I’ve found the details on an old form and can get cracking with my favourite modelo later when a storm is forecast to hit us in the UK.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 am

Sorry, I didn't see your previous post!

Although AEAT has never abolished the two property non-resident rule for June I don't think it is enforced now so you would probably not have had a problem even if you had not found an old form.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:05 am

Thanks Beach

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:18 pm

I've always been somewhat confused by the June deadline for submitting IRNR Modelo 210. Like the OP I've not been able to return since the March lockdown so am in a similiar predicament.

Although we technically own three properties in Spain only one is residential i.e. vivienda, the other two are a trastero and plaza de garaje. I vaguely remember back in the day when had a gestor submits forms for us, that is up to 2011, that they would do so at the end of the year. The reason they gave for doing so was that only one property was a vivienda. I would be very grateful for clarification of the AEAT June deadline in this regard.

To echo Beachcomber's point, we've never received a tax penalty or any warning. Hopefully that won't change this year!

Saludos

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi,

If you travel between locations regularly then get access to Cloud storage (DropBox, there are other clouds ) so you can access your data from any location................. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Screagle wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:18 pm I've always been somewhat confused by the June deadline for submitting IRNR Modelo 210. Like the OP I've not been able to return since the March lockdown so am in a similiar predicament.

Although we technically own three properties in Spain only one is residential i.e. vivienda, the other two are a trastero and plaza de garaje. I vaguely remember back in the day when had a gestor submits forms for us, that is up to 2011, that they would do so at the end of the year. The reason they gave for doing so was that only one property was a vivienda. I would be very grateful for clarification of the AEAT June deadline in this regard.

To echo Beachcomber's point, we've never received a tax penalty or any warning. Hopefully that won't change this year!

Saludos
My second property is a garage and I was specifically told that meant I had to submit by end June. It looks as though they’ve relaxed that and I would hope, under the circumstances, they will allow end December. Since my original post I have heard from a friend who was unaware “for years” about this tax and when he eventually submitted the surcharges were not significant.

Regardless I completed all forms without a hitch. Usually I would expect to encounter all manner of weird errors. They must have improved the form.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:20 pm

When you say submit are you specifically referring to the completion of the forms to generate the .pdf documents? These are the documents I take into my bank in Spain to make payment as I don't have a digital certificate and there appears to be no other way to pay.

Saludos

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:23 pm

When this was originally introduced, along with the need for a fiscal representative, the criterion was that the properties concerned had individual catastral references not whether or not it was a dwelling.

The situation regarding fiscal representation was clarified but the need to submit by the end of June was not. It just seems to have fallen by the wayside.

There are other ways to pay but it depends on your bank and can be a bit hit and miss.