FOREIGN & COMMONWEALTH OFFICE APOSTILLE STAMPS

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Unicorn
Resident

FOREIGN & COMMONWEALTH OFFICE APOSTILLE STAMPS

Postby Unicorn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:14 pm

hI

Fortunately not a problem for me, but it may be for some people trying to legalise documents, as told to me by a friend.

The FCO is currently not working on all cylinders and is basically, to be kind, dragging its feet seriously on Apostille stamps. This friend of mine has encountered real problems, which could be called stonewalling.

They are still working with commercial companies who will give a quick service, so I would suggest using one of those if you need an Apostille swiftly. I cannot recommend one, but they probably all have contracts with the FCO so the FCO has more obligation to them!

All the best......

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: FOREIGN & COMMONWEALTH OFFICE APOSTILLE STAMPS

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:28 pm

Dealing directly with the Foreign and Commonwealth office has never been one of life's easier tasks. We always use a long established UK notary public which, although costing a little more, is a far more efficient way of dealing with them.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Well Beach. Last year I got documents Apostille stamped with no problem last year. I sent them off and they came back by return, duly stamped and ready for translation. An easier transaction one could not have asked for.

My point was that they are not offering this service at the moment.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:35 pm

I have never done it that way around. Documents are translated by DePinna and the necessary apostilles arranged by them.