Residencia. Yes or No ?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residencia. Yes or No ?

Postby El Cid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm

What makes you think that France will have no controls. I expect them to be at least as severe as Spain with passports stamped on entry and exit.

A lot of non residents with holiday homes will not be able to use them as they have done in the past.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm

ashtondav wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm I presume they’ll start stamping passports to monitor the 90/180 rule. But what if you enter via shengen borders like France with no controls (or will they stop uk cars). It will effect us as we spend about 90 days apr-July and about 90 days sep-nov. I presume 180 days runs Jan to jun, jul to dec, so we will have to cut our July days appropriately.
When you enter France you will be recorded and it starts from there. Its 90/180 in all schengen countries.So which ever one you go to first you will be scanned/logged and you have 90 days to travel to/around any other schengen country. Then you leave and can't enter any schengen for another 90 days. If you return to the uk 1st of July after 3 months in the schengen you have to wait 90 days before returning

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:11 pm

I have also heard that the existing procedure in some countries is that if you turn up having overstayed 90 days, your passport is stamped as illegal immigrant. Try getting back in after that!

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 am

The green 'card' or form is the full residencia for EU members. That is what we have had up until now which is why many of us are changing to the TIE which is a proper ID card containing a photo.

If you do apply for residency now you will have to submit all the information required to the immigration office first. Once that is approved then you apply for your card at the police station. I understand that the immigration office part can take some months. CAB info here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/the-p ... plication/
There is some general info about everything here https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en/br ... %20eng.pdf

Ledsmallbush
Tourist

Postby Ledsmallbush » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:42 pm

As a full permanent Resident of Spain for many years and a British Citizen am I permitted to go back to the U.K for more than 90 days in any 180?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:02 pm

Yes if course. You are a British national with a british passport. You can do what you want. freedom of movement is only reduced if you want to visit schengen countries.