Residencia appointment

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Residencia appointment

Postby jaycecampo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:00 am

The police station in Malaga does not have appointments can I use another Police Station ?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residencia appointment

Postby Wicksey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:30 pm

I can only see that it must be in the province that you live in, so not sure if you could go to another police station. You must collect the card from the same station you did the application in is all that I've read. It is tempting, knowing how difficult is is to get appointments.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Ive read on C.A.B of people saying they were fine going to say malga instead of for eg fuengirola

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Wicksey wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:30 pm I can only see that it must be in the province that you live in, so not sure if you could go to another police station. You must collect the card from the same station you did the application in is all that I've read. It is tempting, knowing how difficult is is to get appointments.
Obviously, It is slightly different but not only have we sorted ID cards in Cantabria but also my son's passport. Cantabria is both a different autonomous region and province so it might be worth looking into the possibility.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:32 pm

It seems it's worth the try if you don't mind going a bit further. I'm not sure I would have wanted to go as far as Malaga city rather than Velez, but if it had been as difficult to get the initial application appointments as it was to get the ones to collect the cards, I think I may have been tempted!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 pm

We have done several online applications, including our own, but you do need a digital certificate and download a program called Autofirma. The program overall is not very intuitive but it does entail only one visit to a police station to collect the card and it enables one to avoid the appointment problem.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 pm

I haven't seen anything about applying online. How can you do the fingerprints? They took 3 from each forefinger to go onto the card, and you have to give your it fingerprint to collect it. At the application appointment they also took our green residents cards off us.

We didn't have a problem getting the initial application appointments. It was getting the appointments to collect the cards that was almost impossible.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:57 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 pm We have done several online applications, including our own, but you do need a digital certificate and download a program called Autofirma. The program overall is not very intuitive but it does entail only one visit to a police station to collect the card and it enables one to avoid the appointment problem.
I remember from the other TIE thread that you mentioned you had applied using the EX20 form online. Is that different to the EX23 that the rest of us has applied with, that specifically mentions the withdrawal agreement "Solicitud de tarjeta (art. 18.4 del Acuerdo de Retirada)"?

Still not sure how you did the finger prints online Beach. Will your cards be any different to ours, as otherwise applying online would be preferable to start with, although you still need to obtain the appointment to collect them when they are ready. Friends are just about the start the process so it will be interesting to see if they manage to get their first appointments easily or not.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 pm

We haven't reached the next stage yet. When the process is complete you take your photograph with you.and they process your fingerprint. The form is provided online as part of the Mercurio program.

You can check online to see the current state of your application. All the ones we have done say 'en tramite'. It will be a miracle if they all work.

https://sede.administracionespublicas.g ... /mercurio2

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:51 pm

That looks a similar form to the EX23 but mentions Article 50 TUE. It seems to have more options in part 4, although I didn't tick any of the boxes as I wasn't sure which one applied to me, and that didn't seem to matter.

So it sounds like you still have to go to take your photo and do your fingerprint, then return when your card is ready perhaps? I have been advising friends how to change over to the TIE and I think I'll probably just stick to the route I took with the appointment and the EX23!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:00 pm

I am not sure if they have the facilty (or ability) to process the fingerprint and photograph there and then and magically produce your card at the same time. The idea of applying online is to reduce the number of visits to the police station.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 pm

That's what I meant. An appointment to take in your photo and do your fingerprints, and then another to collect the finished card, 2 visits.... so the same as I've just done without the online application?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:00 pm I am not sure if they have the facilty (or ability) to process the fingerprint and photograph there and then and magically produce your card at the same time. The idea of applying online is to reduce the number of visits to the police station.
That's how the Spanish do it. They have the machines there to produce both passports and ID cards. Although I was literally in and out in minutes on both visits, I think had I known it was possible to do it online, that's how I would have done it.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:01 pm

What's the link for the online application form? I have a green form and I've lived here for more than 5 years.
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 am

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:33 am

Thank you Beachcomber. My green form does not have an expiry date but the "Fecha de caducidad" box is mandatory. Any ideas what should be entered there in that case?
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 pm

My wife completed these applications but she says that there was no requirement to give a date of expiry of the green form.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Oh, then perhaps I am looking at the wrong form. I'll go back and have another look. This is the screen I was looking at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aokn2lkdiz3gh ... 9.jpg?dl=0

EDIT: That form above is for renewals. For the TIE it looks as as if one must follow 'New Application' even though one has a current residencia green form/card.
Brian.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:11 am

A tad confused with this thread...is it about getting your initial residencia or changing the green card/paper to the T.I.E ?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 am

No, it is not a renewal. You are in the wrong place.