The 90 day Allowance & Deportations?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Unicorn
Resident

The 90 day Allowance & Deportations?

Postby Unicorn » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:54 pm

All over Twitter today is the stories of woe of British who have not, for reasons various, not obtained residencia and possibly face deportation come Thursday. They zoom from their self appointed 'expat' status to 'illegal'.

Is this a fact or a scare story? Obviously in law it is correct as per UK third country status so do people know those who have hightailed back to Britain or are people going to take their chances?

Can they actually get back to Britain?

Anyone know?

dxf
Resident

Re: The 90 day Allowance & Deportations?

Postby dxf » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Hola,

I reckon with all the negative reports in the British newspapers, it is complete fiction. I don't know but it just doesn't sound right

Davexf

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 pm

It’s perfectly true. After tomorrow they become illegal immigrants and have to leave or face possible deportation. They have all had more than adequate notice to regularise their residency status so no sympathy from me if they could not be bothered.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 am

Lots of tourists friends who have been panicking to get back due to flights continuously being cancelled. One who was contemplating overstaying as they seemed to be clueless about the regs decided to drive back over the weekend. I saw a graph on another site and spain is very high if not top of the list for deporting third country nationals. Brits arent the first country to be third countries. Americans/canadians etc etc have been dealing with this for years. I know of some who got a fine and ban for overstaying literally a few days

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 am

I have a friend that usually stays here for just the winter and always goes back to the UK mid March and his journey was more fraught due to Covid rules than anything else. He was stopped at the French border and was fined for not having had a Covid test but allowed to continue. Then south of Pau he was stopped by a police car and had his camper van thoroughly searched. Then near Calais he'd stopped to have his Covid test to be able to enter the UK (via the tunnel) and came out to find his campervan surrounded by police again as there were 3 stowaways in his tiny bathroom and 2 under the bed :wtf: .

I used to know of a lot of people who only spent the winter here but they were always gone by the end of March. I don't know of anyone who lives here under the radar but have no sympathy for anyone bleating on about it, having had years to put it right.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:02 pm

It's really tough luck for those people who have tried their utmost to get back and have had to navigate so many problems with air travel being cancelled.It must be a nightmare situation for those 2nd home owners who have been banned.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm

When we had a place in Florida it was a strict 6 months in and 6 months out on a B2 visa. Had to be careful not to cut it too fine. Friends of ours left it close to the deadline and miscalculated with the time difference. They overstayed for half a day and were only allowed to enter after a year but they had to attend the USA consulate in London for an interview.

Also when the passport is stamped on entry they write in the date when you must leave.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:45 pm

3 stowaways in his tiny bathroom and 2 under the bed :wtf: .
----------

Were they brits? :lol: :think: :wink: seriously thats some bad luck.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Looks like Germany have beaten Spain to it...........
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... -documents

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Auf Wiedersehen Pet!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:52 am

elusive wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:45 pm 3 stowaways in his tiny bathroom and 2 under the bed :wtf: .
----------

Were they brits? :lol: :think: :wink: seriously thats some bad luck.
There's a lot of jokey comments in the newspapers about Brits should go to England in a dingy as that seems to be easier than the current system :clap:

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Yes. It does seem particularly English to joke about poor asylum seekers and refugees fleeing from wars primarily caused or certainly helped along by countries like UK and USA. I am sure the illegal Brits from Spain will delight in being slung into an old army camp unfit for human habitation. This is whilst England is self-deluding but only convincing themselves that it is such a welcoming, tolerant society - yes, just ask the poor souls from Windrush.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... e-refugees

All the illegal Brits from Spain are fleeing from is the fact that when they had the right to normalise their situation they did not or chose not or indeed thought it was not necessary for them to do so because somehow Spain would be on its knees when it lost this important cohort to their economy. That's right, the non-tax paying, the illegal, unregistered, uninsured car driving, black market workers, using the EHIC card when pretending to be a holidaymaker, would leave an unfillable hole in the Spanish economy. You can see why they might mourn their loss.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:35 pm

Great. have you thought of concerning yourself with the state of refugees in Spain, the country where you have made your home. Not many given hotel accommodation there with 3 meals per day and spending money. Best stick to the Guardian for this woke stuff. They have comments.

Now let me think, should we have a thread about the state of refugees in Europe...Nah Wouldn't work, Would be what about the UK then after 2 posts.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm

katy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:35 pm Great. have you thought of concerning yourself with the state of refugees in Spain, the country where you have made your home. Not many given hotel accommodation there with 3 meals per day and spending money. Best stick to the Guardian for this woke stuff. They have comments
That is just the thing about the 'refugees' arriving in Europe that many are economic refugees and not fleeing a warzone. How many are potential terrorists arriving without papers, or have a criminal record? Many were in a safe country already but decided to carry on across Europe into France and try to enter the UK. Whilst there are genuine people fleeing wars, I think many are not and they believe they will receive money and housing if they go to Britain.

Going back to the OP I have no sympathy for the Brits here that have been living under the radar for many years and who may end up being deported either. I do have sympathy for the people I know who used to spend the whole of the winter here, but will have to split their time now so not to overstay their 90 days. Looks quite complicated to calculate.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:04 pm

It’s true though about the way some British people think. I remember one of the first times in Andalusia. I was in a massive Electric and white goods store and this guy was telling the salesman that he should get a discount because he was going to buy a fridge and washing machine as if it was a rare occurrence.

Spain does put immigrants up in hotels. It’s quite a talking point here and has been in the news quite a lot recently.
https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/29 ... s-part-iii

BTW What is wrong with being Woke and why should anyone with those views not be allowed to express them?

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:47 pm

Rather have the Guardian than the Mail!!

I will not be dictated about the discussion subjects - and just where the complainant live? Yes, Spain is my home but I'm sticking with the discussion in hand, as I believe should be the case.

The subject under discussion was illegal Brits in Spain and then apparently some jokes about them getting on a dinghy to get to the UK, and I mused on their possible fate should they do so.

Such a shame when people make what they think are smart remarks but miss the point by half a mile, or should I say 0.80 Km. Me being Spanish and all.

Perhaps a new thread should be started on what the complainant thinks I was talking about and then one could comment on that matter, rather than conflate two different situations.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:20 pm

More like a thread for Brit haters than a sensible discussion. True both without a bit of paper could be classed as illegal immigrants. What does your Brit neighbours that you spy on and drink with cost the Spanish state. Most of you brag you hardly pay any tax anyway. Their health treatment is billed to UK. They pay IVa on goods and services bought. They could actually own a house and pay all their taxes. Whatever, no skin off your nose is it, no enjoyment in life being bitter and envious. Probably most of the Spanish don’t like you either.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:34 pm

Mark, to answer your question about 'woke'. I think they got to 'woke' because 'politically correct' was a bit complicated for them. It appears to be unfashionable in certain quarters to actually care about your fellow human beings, the environment, or anything that does not drum up dosh for the 1% who run the media and at present the government in the UK and to whom many love to doff their caps, of if no cap, touch their forelocks. (Not sure what they do if no forelock?) The likes of the Mail, in fact most of the UK press follow this anti-woke business and there are, indeed , new TV stations being set up with seemingly that sole agenda. Luckily they seem to be herding all the truly ghastly commentators into one place so makes them much more easy to avoid .

Personally I prefer to be 'woke' than blindly following a what I consider a rather sinister agenda, and it is true the right wing followers shout you down but that is not going to stop me saying what I want to. Maybe, eventually the light will dawn. But maybe not, and Hell will continue its journey in that handcart.

In reply to what I believe has just been posted, I think the bitter and twisted can be weeded out fairly easily. It seems every one on here is being accused of being tax dodgers . The Mail has a lot to answer for.

Not sure which 'Brit neighbours' I am supposed to be drinking with? Not guilty guv.

But I can say why I have no time for the illegal Brits, and have done so above. Given how much the media in UK says the public despise the immigrants in the UK, why should not the Spanish (with whom I do drink) have the same sentiments towards the illegal Brits?

And, in time honoured fashion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:17 pm

Instead of posting the stuff like Windrush you should be following articles like this if you are integrated. Drinking with your Spanish friends, heard it all before :roll: :yawn:
https://newint.org/features/2020/04/27/ ... nt-workers

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 pm

I have personal connections with Windrush, that movement in general.

I do not quite understand why you think you have the right to dictate what others write. I certainly do not need journalistic direction from you, of all people. :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

You are quite funny to read, maybe not quite in the way you would wish, but do stop short of dictating to others. Please do not mistake me for someone who gives a monkeys' about your opinion on anything at all. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Are you still boasting about all and sundry, that used to be very amusing?

Start your own threads if you want to get comments on what you think is important. This was a thread I started about an issue in the news, if you do not like it you are not obliged to comment, although history would dictate that you do feel obliged to put your two-penny-worth into every thread plus the inevitable Mail online reference.

Hahaha