The 90 day Allowance & Deportations?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: The 90 day Allowance & Deportations?

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:34 pm

BTW What is wrong with being Woke and why should anyone with those views not be allowed to express them?
--------------
The problem is the word has been turned on its head and hijacked by fake wokism (sp?) and the original meaning has been taken away from it. The term is seen as a negative.Hijacked by the likes of the me too lynch mob (whos founders etc have become very rich from it.) where everyone is guilty regardless of the facts and before someone could defend themselves. Quite happy to throw the basics of the magna carta under the bus while claiming to be left wing etc etc. And god forbid anyone points that out to them.

People should remember that the only reason they were able to move to spain etc etc for a better life and not have to walk thousands of miles or get in a dinghy to achieve it was the complete and utter fluke of the passport they hold because of where they were born or brought up.something they had no say or control over what so ever. Nothing more nothing less. Abit of empathy and compassion goes along way.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:07 pm

@ Unicorn. Doesn't everyone quote the DM. Reads like it to me. You may have started the thread but I didn't take it off topic. Also once posted you do not own it.
How old are you with all the mojis 15? ha ha

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:14 pm

This is getting personal now.

Any more similar posts will be deleted and the thread closed.

Sid

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:29 pm

So, despite my warning, I have had to delete 6 posts and I have now closed the thread.

Sid

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Unicorn wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:34 pm Mark, to answer your question about 'woke'. I think they got to 'woke' because 'politically correct' was a bit complicated for them. It appears to be unfashionable in certain quarters to actually care about your fellow human beings, the environment, or anything that does not drum up dosh for the 1% who run the media and at present the government in the UK and to whom many love to doff their caps, of if no cap, touch their forelocks. (Not sure what they do if no forelock?) The likes of the Mail, in fact most of the UK press follow this anti-woke business and there are, indeed , new TV stations being set up with seemingly that sole agenda. Luckily they seem to be herding all the truly ghastly commentators into one place so makes them much more easy to avoid .

Personally I prefer to be 'woke' than blindly following a what I consider a rather sinister agenda, and it is true the right wing followers shout you down but that is not going to stop me saying what I want to. Maybe, eventually the light will dawn. But maybe not, and Hell will continue its journey in that handcart.

In reply to what I believe has just been posted, I think the bitter and twisted can be weeded out fairly easily. It seems every one on here is being accused of being tax dodgers . The Mail has a lot to answer for.

Not sure which 'Brit neighbours' I am supposed to be drinking with? Not guilty guv.

But I can say why I have no time for the illegal Brits, and have done so above. Given how much the media in UK says the public despise the immigrants in the UK, why should not the Spanish (with whom I do drink) have the same sentiments towards the illegal Brits?

And, in time honoured fashion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha

Your use of the term "Illegal" is well noted, does that mean then that you also have the same view of "Illegals" entering other countries with little or no intention of contributing to the economy ?

I have no time or sympathy for the brits who knowingly overstay their legal welcome but, they do contribute to the economy merely by spending money, whereas "immigrants" who deliberately "lose" their passports and have no intention of conforming to our cultural values and still expect a warm welcome contribute. on the whole zilch !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:56 am

Manchesteral, good points. Brits living illegally in Spain get no benefits, free access to Lawyers etc or a host of charities to help and advise.

I wonder if it bothers expats if their Spanish neighbours are work shy and claim off the state? Defraud the tax authorities etc.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm

All the people who drive around with foreign cars after 3-4-10 years, paying no road tax, working for cash should be deported, they are only hurting the economy here in spain, wether they are brits or otherwise.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Still seeing lots of uk plated cars around here. They are either illegal overstayers or residents driving illegal cars.. resident ones ive seen for years on end and newer ones probably here on day trips from the west coast.it would be very easy for the guardia to pull them all at the mo if they wanted to..

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:41 am

I posted years ago on one of the endless threads about GB cars. Neighbours Son was a Marbella Policeman and he told me they do not have the resources to confiscate them en mass. Usually only happens when the owners are caught for other offences.
Lots of German plated Mercs around too.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:25 am

Surely by driving about with Uk plates / no MOT - when you are a resident is reason enough to stop and confiscate?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:26 am

Its illegal as a resident to own or drive (unless the owner is in the car with you) a foreign plated car so yes i would think so.loads of cars have fake M.O.Ts and it doesnt help that some insurance companies focusrd on the 'expat' market openly advertise they will insure uk cars woth no M.O.Ts

Problem is how many of those driving uk plated cars bothered to get residencia? Even if they are residents. I presume the guardia can check on your staus via your NIE? And the rest will claim to be tourists!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:29 am

Reading on another site where someone has returned to the uk after overstaying a few days due to cancelled flights and no questions asked at the airport while another who hadnt overstayed was grilled and told they had overstayed and warned when leaving.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am

spanish_lad wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:25 am Surely by driving about with Uk plates / no MOT - when you are a resident is reason enough to stop and confiscate?
As I said they do not have the resources, extra Police, admin for paperwork, cost of towing them away etc. In other words it is cheaper to ignore them.

Not every British car is illegal, thousands use the ferries every year and drive down.
I think those who are offended living close to British low life should have chosen somewhere like Sorrento (only saw one British bar) or French Riviera, a much better class of expat :wink: :mrgreen:

Try Googling how many Spaniards drive around uninsured.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:06 am

katy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 amTry Googling how many Spaniards drive around uninsured.
yes, that and no ITV - something silly in andalucia like 600,000 non-itv´d cars i think?

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:25 pm

Two wrongs do not make a right. At least if Spanish are stopped they probably have documentation and can be pursued. Neither is right, but the British are guests in this country. My understanding is that it is not easy to get an ITV on a UK reg car and so no insurance. It is not done 'by mistake'.

In the UK there are apparently one million uninsured drivers.....
https://forcescompare.uk/guides/how-man ... in-the-uk/

Doubtless there is a Daily Mail article saying how many of these are forriners.

A visiting tourist UK reg car will have a what used to be, maybe still is, a Green Card, insurance and be legit, and is not problem.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:46 pm

I have never gone with that saying being a guest in a country, unless they are receiving full benefits and health care. What next taking the knee.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:59 pm

All people who come here benefit from driving on the roads, walking in the street on the pavements, policing, emergency healthcare, garbage collection, street cleaning sewage etc etc all public services.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:16 pm

That is worldwide reprocicity.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:49 pm

Uk cars can get an ITV but it has no legal standing. It wont help if stopped by the guardia.

Niether is justifiable regardless of nationality.but its worse when you are living in another country and i highly doubt these people act the same in the uk. So why do it here? The same people prob sit around reading the daily fail etc moaning about Jonny foreginer in the U.K add onto that alot who act in this way are quite capable of being legal. They have money and properties and nice pensions yet dont want to buy a spanish car or make themselves legal out of greed arrogance etc etc. Ones i know in such a position are ex police officers . Sums it up.
Last edited by elusive on Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 pm

katy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am
spanish_lad wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:25 am Surely by driving about with Uk plates / no MOT - when you are a resident is reason enough to stop and confiscate?
As I said they do not have the resources, extra Police, admin for paperwork, cost of towing them away etc. In other words it is cheaper to ignore them.

Not every British car is illegal, thousands use the ferries every year and drive down.
I think those who are offended living close to British low life should have chosen somewhere like Sorrento (only saw one British bar) or French Riviera, a much better class of expat :wink: :mrgreen:

Try Googling how many Spaniards drive around uninsured.
The Town of Menton has avery nice class of expats, a beer will c ost you 17 euros though !