Having problem with my Gestor involving the Ayuntamiento

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Usinspain2578
Tourist

Having problem with my Gestor involving the Ayuntamiento

Postby Usinspain2578 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:50 pm

My Gestor completed my Tax in June 2021 amount owed €1445 and I always pay the tax 60% in June 40% in November this is always checked by my daughter who is the financial director of our company in England my Gestor in error sent the Ayuntamiento €4956.72 which was the wrong amount
and the ayuntamiento then took 60 % 2974.03€ Now my Gestor is having trouble trying to get me my money back from the ayuntamiento the lady who works there did say in a letter to me THEY DONT HELP TO MUCH SORRY

Thank you

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Having problem with my Gestor involving the Ayuntamiento

Postby daveboy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:05 pm

They will look at it as you are in credit for the next couple of years. Nightmare but hey ho this is Spain.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:18 pm

What tax are you talking about? It sounds like income tax to me based on the dates and % split. Income tax is not paid to the Ayuntamiento, so what exactly are you referring to?

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:36 pm

Does your Gestor have access to your bank account? You say that he sent the wrong amount in error...

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:04 pm

No wonder the townhall doesnt want to give it back if they got it instead of hacienda :lol: :wink:

Seriously didnt you sign any docs before the amount was sent. We always sign off after the gestor goes through everything on our tax returns before they are filed

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:42 pm

If it was income tax returns I'm not sure how anybody could send the wrong amount of money.
Provided the tax return was filed in correctly it calculates the correct tax owing, including the 60% 40% split, and that is the amount paid to the tax authority.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:16 pm

Usinspain2578 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:50 pm My Gestor completed my Tax in June 2021 amount owed €1445 and I always pay the tax 60% in June 40% in November this is always checked by my daughter who is the financial director of our company in England my Gestor in error sent the Ayuntamiento €4956.72 which was the wrong amount
and the ayuntamiento then took 60 % 2974.03€ Now my Gestor is having trouble trying to get me my money back from the ayuntamiento the lady who works there did say in a letter to me THEY DONT HELP TO MUCH SORRY

Thank you
"THEY DONT HELP TO MUCH SORRY" Just wonder who thea people "they" are?

Also wonder what tax was paid and was it your personal account or was client accounts used for payment....

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:04 pm

We are all speculating but the OP has yet to explain what the tax was. Without that information, any further posts are a waste of time.

Why do people post their problems and then fail to respond to reasonable questions.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Was thinking the same thing over 6hrs ago. :lol:

Usinspain2578
Tourist

Postby Usinspain2578 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:29 pm

It is my income tax do the ayuntamiento have tax offices within there offices

Usinspain2578
Tourist

Postby Usinspain2578 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 pm

My Gestor has always prepared my tax and sent it off for me and I have had no problems only this year
The amount I paid were my income from my pensions in Uk

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:33 pm

The ayuntamiento (town hall) is a different entity to the tax office entirely same as the UK, the local councils and HMRC are separate businesses. I don't understand how money would be sent to the town hall in relation to income tax or what reference it would have been accepted under.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:08 pm

How did your Gestor pay your tax bill? was it done electronically? If that was the case then the payment would have been made to the tax office, i can't imagine what the town hall has to do with it. Did you get any kind of receipt acknowledging payment from either the tax office or the town hall..This is your gestors mess but his mistake has made it your nightmare, i would insist that he sorts this out asap.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Usinspain2578 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 pm My Gestor has always prepared my tax and sent it off for me and I have had no problems only this year
The amount I paid were my income from my pensions in Uk
Sorry i cannot advise on that one as anything i dealt with was always local and mostly property...

The fact that he is inclined to blame "them" suggestes to me that there is a problem... it may be he does not want to acknowledge his blunder to the tax people or it could be something else.
I can definately tell you that the money can only be returned to the account it was paid from should that happen.
If i was in your position i think i would gather all the invoice documents + payment receipts and call to the tax office yourself without saying anything to the Gestor... I have no doubt that if you can confirm you overpaid you will get refund/credit but it can only return to the account that overpaid...

good luck...

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 pm

As far as I can see, the only way the gestor could have ended up paying that amount of money is by getting the tax declaration horribly wrong. The only way the tax office could take the money is if that amount was the result of the automatic calculation made by the tax program.

I would make an appointment at the tax office and take a good interpreter.

Sid

Usinspain2578
Tourist

Postby Usinspain2578 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:13 pm

Unfortunately I sold my houses in 2017 and came back to the UK and if I was still in Spain I would have a better chance of sorting out this problem,
my Gestor who i used to trust and had no problems with has made an Error but and things seem to be very confusing my daughter has contacted one of the lawyers but they do not seem in any hurry to return my money

Thank you

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:30 pm

If you have sold your properties and left Spain in 2017 why are you still doing tax returns here? If you still have a property here then you complete the non-resident's return that I thought was due 31 December and I didn't think it involved UK pension income? When we did it years back it was a nominal sum based on the value of the property and any rental income from it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:40 pm

All just a bit confusing, more questions than answers.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:37 pm

You’re right. I certainly wouldn’t want to sort out this mess!

Sid

Usinspain2578
Tourist

Postby Usinspain2578 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:30 am

As you can see it has not been our error, we have a document with the proper amount to be charged. It is the Agencia Tributaria that do not charge the amount properly, this year we have a few cases similar to yours.

If you want we can ask for this interest and penalties to the Agencia Tributaria, but normally they will pay interest at 3,5%.

this is a document sent to my daughter from the Gestor is this normal ????

Do the Agencia Tributaria make these kind of errors and is the figure of 3.5% correct