Modelo 210

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
mackle47
Tourist

Modelo 210

Postby mackle47 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:02 pm

I was about to complete my 2020 tax form 210 on the agenciatributaria but I am getting an error 403 message. Has anyone had this problem, am I too early? Can I download the forms and take to bank? Or do they have to be registered online?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Modelo 210

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:17 pm

The Modelo 210 is working correctly for me. At what stage are you getting the error message? Are you using a digital signature?

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm

The form seems to be different this year! It has been a couple of year's since I completed myself. Was easier to use a company as not getting being able to get over to pay it with the Covid situation. Can I download the forms, complete then take to the bank when I next go or do they have to be completed online with the agency? I am unsure of this digital signature but do I need it?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:53 pm

No need for digital signatures. Simply fill in the forms, print off and send to your bank instructing them to pay and including your bank details on the modelo.

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:17 pm The Modelo 210 is working correctly for me. At what stage are you getting the error message? Are you using a digital signature?
I clicked on the heading : Model 210. Accruals 2020 and following.This took me to the error 403. Have to let my computer translate to English as I only have basic Spanish!

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:59 pm

ashtondav wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:53 pm No need for digital signatures. Simply fill in the forms, print off and send to your bank instructing them to pay and including your bank details on the modelo.
This is what I did before but I cannot seem to access the forms on the website.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Have you read the andalucia.com FAQ on this subject?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

The web site has changed but the form has not. The old web site can be accessed here:

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.i ... icio.shtml

The correct form is here:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul

If you wish it to be in English click on 'English' in the top right hand corner.

Try filling in the form now and ask again if you have any further query.

You do not need a digital signature but you must complete the form before downloading it. You cannot download it and fill it in by hand.

I think I have identified your problem. You say you click on 'Accruals 2020 and following'. This is incorrect. You need to click on this option:

Preliminary tax return

Form 210. Accrued 2018 and following. Filing (preliminary tax return)
Use this form. It is the same as the link to the form above.
Form 210. Accrued 2013 to 2017. Filing (preliminary tax return)

You got the 403 error message because you were trying to use a version of the form that requires a digital signature. If you had used the link to the form in the FAQ you would not have encountered this problem.

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:41 pm

That's great Beachcomber I have managed to complete and download docs to take to bank. It was the website that had changed thanks to you mentioning it above and I just followed your link to the form. Many thanks!

Ultan

Postby Ultan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:43 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I came across the discussion regarding the modelo 210 whilst searching information with regards submitting the form.
I have successfully completed the form using a comprehensive guide from the Spanish Citizens advice board found at the link below.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/wp-co ... 3-2015.pdf

The most difficult thing I found was actually paying at the bank. My account is with Unicaja and they are only allowing people in with an appointment. We were told we could pay at the Cash Point machine and that it was the only way to pay anyway as they did not process payments in the bank.
The process at the machine was complex, I won't go into detail but if I can be of any help to anyone with regards this please let me know.

My question is whether I need to mail the Tax return to the Hacienda/Tax office having now paid. I am getting conflicting accounts online some saying to pay at the bank and they will "submit" the paperwork to the Taxman etc. Am I to presume that the Return has been filed with the Tax office when I completed it online and therefore I have nothing more to do?

I would greatly appreciate any advice, Thanks.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:02 pm

Just for future reference, & it may have changed, but I used to pay online with Unicaja - there is - (or was) a section for paying taxes in there. I can't remember what it was actually called, but I do remember it wasn't the obvious one. Hope this helps :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:01 pm

Ultan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:43 am Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I came across the discussion regarding the modelo 210 whilst searching information with regards submitting the form.
I have successfully completed the form using a comprehensive guide from the Spanish Citizens advice board found at the link below.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/wp-co ... 3-2015.pdf

The most difficult thing I found was actually paying at the bank. My account is with Unicaja and they are only allowing people in with an appointment. We were told we could pay at the Cash Point machine and that it was the only way to pay anyway as they did not process payments in the bank.
The process at the machine was complex, I won't go into detail but if I can be of any help to anyone with regards this please let me know.

My question is whether I need to mail the Tax return to the Hacienda/Tax office having now paid. I am getting conflicting accounts online some saying to pay at the bank and they will "submit" the paperwork to the Taxman etc. Am I to presume that the Return has been filed with the Tax office when I completed it online and therefore I have nothing more to do?

I would greatly appreciate any advice, Thanks.
If you obtained a receipt at the machine I think you’re ok. I also bank at Unicaja and always pay inside. The process there is they put the forms through a machine, stamp all the paper copies and retain and forward the hacienda copy. I assume you entered sufficient information at the cash point for them to generate a copy for hacienda. Otherwise I can see no point in the process.

This being Spain I can imagine it’s not that straightforward.

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:42 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:20 pm Have you read the andalucia.com FAQ on this subject?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

This link doesn't work :problem:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi,
Looks like the FAQ section has some issues...........Mods need to pick this up and action.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:33 pm

I filled out the forms, entered our bank details, and downoaded the forms in PDF. As I have entered our bank details, will the Agencia Tributaria deduct from our bank account, or do I have to go online to the bank's website and transfer the payment? (In the past, I went to the bank and paid in person.)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:49 pm

Hi elizabennett,
The way I know works is to go to your Pay Taxes option at your bank and obtailn a NRC number that you can then enter in the Form 210 using a Digital Singature.

Have a Search on the Form 210 Thread and see how others have successfully done it your way..............

The Thread ............

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31081&p=416300&hil ... nk#p416300

I'll have a closer look for you later as in middle of support call............

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:14 pm

Thanks Enrique,
Mabye I should ask the bank, but you know how difficult it is to get someone who knows something on the phone these days! "Pulse uno para xx, pulse dos par zz", etc.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi elizabennett,
This is from a Beachcomber's Post.............
"Unless you completed the form with a digital certificate the tax will not be taken from your account.

When you complete the form in the normal way (ie, without a digital certificate) you need to take pro-active action to pay the tax. The facility to enter your bank account number on the form is merely for when you take the forms physically to the bank and you pay from your bank account rather than by cash. Just completing the forms without physically paying in some way will not work.

Some banks have the facility to pay the non-resident tax by bank transfer but, again, you have to make the transaction yourself and cross reference the 'justificante' number of the form 210.

I am not sure about the 210 but when I submit my annual tax return as a resident (usually in May) the tax is not deducted from my account until the end of the period for payment on 30th June."

So going on the above your current Form 210 is going nowhere.

Some Members have paid successfully..........you will have to Search the site "form 210 paying in bank" brings up 74 hits

Have you a Digital Signature......... does your Spanish Bank have a Paying Taxes option........... :?:

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi Enrique (and Beachcomber),

Thanks for the comprehensive info!

Yes, my Spanish bank has tax paying options. Our IBI and Basura is deducted every August by direct debit. I had better go online to my bank account and make the payment.

As regards a digital signature, I tried to set up with Agencia Tributaria, but to no avail. It would make things so much easier.

I'll pay by bank transfer this time, and I'll try to set up the digital signature some day when I have time!

Happy New Year.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi elizabennett,
You will need to get a NRC number so you can tie that in with the Form 210, or maybe your bank will need the Form 210 reference number.

Digital Signature is best done when in Spain and takes very little time.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:11 pm

I will be applying for a digital signature in the New Year. As I am jointly liable for IRNR would the digital signature allow me to submit modelo 210 and make derived payments on behalf of joint property owners not just myself?

Saludos