Divorce in Spain

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Divorce in Spain

Postby elusive » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 pm

People born on an aircraft, midair, take the nationality of the airline. Apparently.
-----------------
Pregnant women rush to book ryanair flights in the the hope of an "golden" Irish E.U passport :lol: :wink:

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 am

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:41 pm My understanding where a child is born in Spain to British parents or parents of a different nationality then as long as the parents are registered and living legaly in Spain..they can apply for Spanish citizenship for their child after one year..

Not exactly on topic but these things do tend to evolve based on the original subject..All kind of connected.. :wink:
Have to disagree unless it has changed children dont have any special rights as they are under the supervision of their parents. If you think about it you can not have a 2 year old child whose head of state is the king of spain when he is being raised by the parents who are loyal to the Queen of england.

BTW you HAD to register TWO surnames one which is the fathers one which is the mothers if the father is in the picture. As such if you were married say in Canterbury kent in england the child would be knows as eg John Edward Smith Smith.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:23 am

elusive wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 pm People born on an aircraft, midair, take the nationality of the airline. Apparently.
-----------------
Pregnant women rush to book ryanair flights in the the hope of an "golden" Irish E.U passport :lol: :wink:
thanks that made me laugh, but you cant be stateless and be on an commercial or any airplane the mother must have a passport or id the child would be whatever she had unless she did not have anything and was just hanging onto the wings, then i guess the child will be where ever he lands however it would be irrelevant because of the implosion. if it landed in an allotment the tomatoes may grow bigger with a west African accent (Too Far???)

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:36 am

john the baptist wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 am
Pamela1 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:41 pm My understanding where a child is born in Spain to British parents or parents of a different nationality then as long as the parents are registered and living legaly in Spain..they can apply for Spanish citizenship for their child after one year..

Not exactly on topic but these things do tend to evolve based on the original subject..All kind of connected.. :wink:
Have to disagree unless it has changed children dont have any special rights as they are under the supervision of their parents. If you think about it you can not have a 2 year old child whose head of state is the king of spain when he is being raised by the parents who are loyal to the Queen of england.

BTW you HAD to register TWO surnames one which is the fathers one which is the mothers if the father is in the picture. As such if you were married say in Canterbury kent in england the child would be knows as eg John Edward Smith Smith.
This reminds me of a story in the good old CATHOLIC days.
Girl goes to doctor and discovers she is pregnant... big scandal and family want to know who the father is... local priest brought in to quiz the girl and after forcefully pressing her for to tell she eventually said.

Well Father "if you fell into a bunch of nettles how would you which one stung you"

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:52 am

john the baptist wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 am

It is called Nationality by residence....for new born children it can be acquired after one year......Things have changed alot in Spain over the years....

It is a shame that your children do not have Spanish nationality and i do not know where that would leave them now that they have left? i assume they were born in Spain and grew up in Spain..