I need a new Lawyer in the Almogia area.

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
duncx
Tourist

I need a new Lawyer in the Almogia area.

Postby duncx » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:00 am

A quick tale of woe...

I bought a house near to Almogia in 2003, I told the agent and the lawyer not to proceed if the house documents were not correct, they ignored me and carried on anyway, I was stupid enough to trust them and of course paid the money! So, 19 years later and the house is still not registered in my name. I've had countless meetings, sent countless emails and letters to the lawyer, he makes many promises but never actually does anything. I have to take a big part of the blame onto myself, I should have been much more proactive and just hired a new lawyer years ago. I should say that I'm genuinely a UK resident, I only use the house for one or two short holidays each year.

I need to sort this. At the very least I need to get the Ayuntamiento in Almogia to recognise that I am the owner and send the I.B.I. and Basura bills to me rather than the previous owner! (I have of course paid them all.)

Can anyone give me any recommendations for an good/honest english speaking lawyer in the Almogia area? Any other advice is also welcome and feel free to ridicule my stupidity if necessary :)

Thanks

Duncan

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: I need a new Lawyer in the Almogia area.

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:16 pm

Hi duncz,

We have used Gabinete Fiscal Méndez along with other A.com Members.................English Speaking and we are some distance from Vélez-Málaga.

https://gfmendez.com/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

duncx
Tourist

Re: I need a new Lawyer in the Almogia area.

Postby duncx » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm

Thanks for your reply Enrique, much appreciated.