Caixa Bank - worried account will be frozen

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Scarlett

Caixa Bank - worried account will be frozen

Postby Scarlett » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:57 pm

Hi,

Hoping someone who uses Caixa Bank will be able to help me as I'm going round in circles! I received the text message below and queried this with caixa bank online chat:

Caixabank le informa:
La normativa vigente exige mantener actualizada la documentación sobre la naturaleza de la actividad profesional de nuestros clientes.
Puede actualizarla en cualquier oficina de CaixaBank o a través de su banca online.
**Este correo se ha generad

The response I got said:

Dear Mr. In order to your account, you need to update your personal information throw the website www.caixabank.com The first thing that you need to include your new passport and your NIE document, second thing you need to update your personal information throw: What do you need--privacy-- consent for commercial activity What do you need -- personal inforation-- employment details Regards

I managed to upload my passport and NIE but I have looked everywhere on my banking screen but can't see a privacy tab anywhere or anything that mentions commercial activity. Apparently my account will be frozen if I don't do this! I'm not in Spain so am really keen to do this as soon as I can.

thanks very much for any help you can give. :thumbup:

Cádiz
Resident

Re: Caixa Bank - worried account will be frozen

Postby Cádiz » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:40 am

I am thinking the info they are looking for varies if resident or non-resident... Send the documents you have and i expect all be ok...
I am thinking that the resident bank account holders likely need to be tax compliant...

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:44 am

Why not try the old fashioned way and send them a letter.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:48 am

Go to your profile settings at top right. Click 'Personal Settings'. Under 'Customise' look for 'Occupational activity data and operative profile (KYC)'. I think what you are looking for is in 'Modify my data'.
Brian.

Scarlett

Postby Scarlett » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for the replies. I have filled in the occupational data and submitted my passport and NIE. It's a joint account with my husband but it only seems to be listed on internet banking so I'm hoping I have done enough. They really could be clearer, apart from the text message there is nothing in the 'my messages' section. Considering it could cause people a lot of hassle having their account frozen, you would think there would be a straightforward process! Thanks again for your advice.