Demoltion

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Demoltion

Postby Lyric » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:31 am

An English owned house which has been under dispute with the Ayuntamiento for years is being demolished.

I think a first in this area.

I will confirm as I will drive past later.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Demoltion

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:45 am

Were the owners initials D & J by any chance? We have been wondering about that house and whether anything would happen.

A house here (not so far from you) was demolished about 10 years ago, but was Spanish owned. It had permission for 24m2 so the entire villa was knocked down apart from one room and it was all shoved into the pool which was also illegal. Then loads of lorries full of soil came and dumped their loads all over the land and covered up a retaining wall, also built without permission. It's funny that the house right next door is a similar size and was built the same time, but was not given a demolition order, nor any of the other houses built around here.

Down here on our hillside, new places are popping up and old places being doubled in size with pools added. It's like the old days of the boom times with constant building going on.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:54 am

WA Sent.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:02 pm

I read about that Wicksey, there must be lots of illegal properties and yet while there seems to be one rule for one it doesn't seem to apply to everyone. That is Spain all over. I think the couple must feel like they are one of the unlucky ones while others get away with it but I can't see Spain demolishing every illegal property, it would be constant news and bad press.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:55 pm

If they had permission for 24m2 it was only for an agricultural tool shed. You are not allowed to live in a tool shed.

Sadly it is not the owners that are to blame, it is the lying builders and architects that allow this to happen not to mention the so called lawyers.

Sid