POA bank account

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
olive
Andalucia Guru

POA bank account

Postby olive » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:52 pm

Do these need to be declared to the Spanish taxman?

My dad now has early stages of Alzheimer but manages well at home with some care. We order his groceries on line, adjust his heating standing orders and occasionally order him stuff online. Eg a new kettle.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: POA bank account

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:44 pm

olive wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:52 pm Do these need to be declared to the Spanish taxman?

My dad now has early stages of Alzheimer but manages well at home with some care. We order his groceries on line, adjust his heating standing orders and occasionally order him stuff online. Eg a new kettle.
I assume you're referring to power of attorney !
If your father is NOT resident in Spain and the account is in his name then I imagine it's nothing to do with the Spanish authorities, If he IS resident in Spain then the authorities will or should be be aware of his account !

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: POA bank account

Postby olive » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:45 am

No he is resident in the uk.

When I exercised the POA, I was staying with my dad while he recovered from heart failure. I did it all as his address and it all worked well until the card expired. I lost access to the account and ability to pay for his groceries. The solution was to prove who I was and have the new card sent to my Spanish address where I am resident.

I have just yesterday received a letter from the bank saying they have passed my details to UK Hm Revenue.