Deregistration in Spain

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
morlandg
Resident

Deregistration in Spain

Postby morlandg » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:48 am

My wife and I were in Mallorca during the pandemic lockdown and travel restrictions. We put our newly reformed house on the market before lockdown and it was sold in may 2020 - but on the agreement that we completed within 2 weeks. We couldn't refuse the offer and moved into rented accommodation with our two cats - not easy. At the ages of 73 and 69 we decided to buy a small bungalow in the UK and a second small house in Algarrobo. This we did in early 2021. We came to the UK in august 2021 and the year to present has flown over and we have become resident here. We are registered with HMRC and the NHS. We paid our spanish income tax for 2021 this June. However we did not deregister and we now think that we should/must do so. But how? We are seeking advice on what we must do and how can we do it? Is it possible to deregister remotely here in the UK? I do not have an electronic signature and do not know how to obtain one. Nor a clave. I understand that we need a letter from the HMRC which has been officially translated into spanish and this must be presented to the Hacienda. And we must hand in our TIEs. I don't know if we must attend our last ayuntamiento to cancel our empadronamientos.
Can someone please advise us how we can achieve deregistration and peace of mind?
Graham

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Deregistration in Spain

Postby elusive » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:33 am

All you really need to do is fill in the 030 form declaring yourself non tax resident and file it with hacienda. I presume you could get a gestor to do this on your behalf. As you havnt deregistered you are still required to pay your taxes in spain next year for 2022 though. But thats upto you

Everything else like the TIE padron etc it makes no difference if you sign off or not. As theres time limits to them expiring if you arent in the country and by filing the 030 you are saying you have left the country inorder to make yourself a non tax resident. Theres no come back if you don't sign off the padron or hand in your TIE. Infact people advise not to as if you want to return to spain within timelimits then you can.

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:08 am

Hi elusive. Thanks for your quick and most welcome response. Can you tell me where to find form 030 or perhaps give me a link?
A further thought/question - does the house in Algarrobo have any bearing on your comments?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:11 pm

quick Google on form 030 shows
https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... o-030.html
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:53 pm

morlandg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:08 am Hi elusive. Thanks for your quick and most welcome response. Can you tell me where to find form 030 or perhaps give me a link?
A further thought/question - does the house in Algarrobo have any bearing on your comments?
Your welcome no the ownership of the house doesnt make any difference to me. I dont think it would? If you sign off being a tax resident you will need to file a non res tax declaration for your house . I think that gets paid around december? Others will be able to confirm im sure. But aslong as you tell hacienda you are longer rax res then imho thats all that matters in terms of come back on you as their the only ones would come sniffing at a later date. Make sire you get a copy/ certificate confirming it so you have proof

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:08 pm

Thanks for all your help. A further question. I'm told that the assesor/gestor needs an officially translated certificate of tax residence that I have applied for from HMRC. I've googled official translators but I get a 404 error page not found. So my question is - is there a way of finding a list of official translators?