Catastro info

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Catastro info

Postby Rummii » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:26 pm

Hi can anyone shed some light on a recent development....
We were looking to renew some fencing so we wanted to check our boundaries....
We are a campo property and on the catastro (I think it is called) our boundaries are marked very different to our fence line ....
Can anyone tell me there thoughts and if you have had similar issues
Many thanks

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Catastro info

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:52 pm

When you say different, do you have less or more than is shown on the catastro plan? From our own experience, there are houses that have been sold with a much smaller area than the full plot that is declared on the escritura. When we were buying our house we found that the land was about 1000m2 short of what we should have (which was sorted out eventually so we do have the correct amount but with different boundaries to what is shown on the catastro plan).

There are houses that sit on larger pieces of land according to the catastro plans but then sold with a smaller part, but the plot had never been officially segregated. I also know that where the plans have been overlaid on Google satellite maps they all seem to be a bit out of place. We were always told to check the land boundaries with the neighbouring landowners.

Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rummii » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:00 pm

Hi thanks yes it shows we should have more and what we was told metre wise falls well short of what we was told when we bought the property .... I cannot see asking neighbours would work as they think it’s there land lol which I suppose it could be if paperwork is wrong surely what’s on our deeds should be correct not sure what to do next. And don’t want to upset anyone but feel like i would at least want to know for sure even if I don’t pursue it at moment

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:18 am

I think you're safe to re-do your fence but it sounds like the scenario I mentioned above.

We wanted to buy a house that had about 2500m2 of land but in fact it was on a plot of 11,000. The owners had sold it off with a smaller part of the land and held on to the rest. They wouldn't sell us the rest of the plot so we pulled out. It seems quite common to do that.

In the case of the house we own now we asked the neighbouring landowner to walk the boundary before buying it, only to find out the land was about half of what was on the land plan. Turned out he formerly owned our land and simply held on the the bits he wanted, even though the land plan was different. We did a deal with him and swopped other areas until we had the 2500m2 we should have had. We have had it surveyed and the plans have been signed by him, but after 11 years, the catastro has yet to be corrected.

You'd need to talk to a gestoria and they would need to get to the bottom of it. I think land changed hands on a handshake in the past and so the catastro plans probably do not reflect the ownership or boundaries now.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:00 pm

having recently had this issue come up.. (and still ongoing.. lol ) another good one to look at is SIGPAC https://sigpac.mapama.gob.es/fega/visor/ because you can find your land and it allows you to measure boundries to the cm, from a google maps type page.

its worth doing, and taking a screen shot, people always take note if you know what you are doing :wtf:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.