Income from outside Spain never brought here

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Income from outside Spain never brought here

Postby Curiouse » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:35 pm

I have been looking online to see if i can find the information regarding Attendance Allowance and Carers Allowance , i knew they were both taxable in Spain but im trying to find how to record them on the Renta , which box or section i need to input the totals into .

While reading various articles to find the answer i came across something that i had never heard of before , im sure if its correct it would have been more widely publicised . The article states " Spanish residents are exempt paying any income tax on foreign income they earn if that income is not brought into Spain . Has anyone else heard of this or have any more information or seen corroborating articles .

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Income from outside Spain never brought here

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:36 pm

It’s wrong. Residents pay tax on their worldwide income irrespective of whether they bring it into Spain. There are some special exemptions such as UK government pensions. As for the UK benefits that you mention, I do not know if these are exempt, but other benefits such as UK state retirement pensions are taxed.
A quick Google suggests that ALL benefits are taxed even if they were not taxeable in the UK.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:31 am

El Cid wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:36 pm It’s wrong. Residents pay tax on their worldwide income irrespective of whether they bring it into Spain. There are some special exemptions such as UK government pensions. As for the UK benefits that you mention, I do not know if these are exempt, but other benefits such as UK state retirement pensions are taxed.
A quick Google suggests that ALL benefits are taxed even if they were not taxeable in the UK.

Sid
Cid, Are you saying that once a person hits 66 in the uk the pension they receive from the government is taxed

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:07 am

Put simply, all income, from anywhere in the world must be declared if you are resident in Spain. Whether you are taxed on it depends on your circumstances - personal allowance, amount of pension etc.
Assuming you are already a resident, surely you are making an annual return, so there is no difference?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:59 am

costakid wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:31 am Cid, Are you saying that once a person hits 66 in the uk the pension they receive from the government is taxed
I am talking here about tax in Spain, not in the UK. For your information, UK state pensions are and always have been taxable in the UK. They are, however, always paid with no tax deducted, but that doesn't mean they are not taxable. If your total income, including the state pension, exceeds your allowances, you will pay tax on the total amount (less allowances).

Sid