Pareja de Hecho in Andalucia (Proof of Single Status)

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
DipMalaga

Pareja de Hecho in Andalucia (Proof of Single Status)

Postby DipMalaga » Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 pm

I require proof that I'm single to enter a Pareja de Hecho. The UK government website (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-an ... -for-spain) says in Andalucia that a "No Trace Letter" from the General Register Office (GRO) is required as proof. The GRO charges £50 to search ten years of the marriage register; the service cannot cover the most recent 18 months period. Before I pay for 4 of these letters covering my adult life, has anyone been through this? Can someone confirm this is what is required before I pay £200? (It seems odd to require these letters if they can't cover the last 18 months.). Any help much appreciated.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Pareja de Hecho in Andalucia (Proof of Single Status)

Postby spanish_lad » Sun May 07, 2023 8:45 am

The 18 month thing will be because paperwork is so slow and it has to go through many departments, that it takes at least 18 months to register the marriage.

I would be interested in this as well, but i didnt realise that they needed a back ground check :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Mariposa23

Postby Mariposa23 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:40 am

We did this a few years ago. At the time we found a number to ring via someone the office in Granada had been dealing with, rang up an office somewhere in the Uk and they produced a not quite up to date letter, free of charge ,which seemed to suffice. Looks as though they have formalised it now, and introduced a charge. But it was accepted.

DipMalaga

Postby DipMalaga » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 pm

I've received my certificate that confirms I'm on the register for pareja de hecho. I didn't need to supply any documentation to "prove" I was single, just attest to that when the paperwork was submitted. It took 2 months to get a decision. Hope this is helpful for others (and saves time and money).