DVD SALES

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

DVD SALES

Postby waterlily » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:31 am

Hiya

Does anybody know where I can buy English DVD's ( New releases) in the Alhaurin area, or does anybody know if there is a shop in the Miramar centre or nearby. Apparently Bratz aint as good in Spanish!!!!!

Thanks

Waterlily

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:27 pm

A lot of DVDs over here are in both English and Spanish.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:48 pm

waterlily, theres no such thing in alhaurin unfortunatly, the best i can say is perhaps the hire shop? they might have them, and at 1€ a night not overly expensive?

martins newsagents hold some stock, but mostly all you'll find around here is second hand dvds or copies...

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:05 pm

I thought you had a language selection on all new DVD's ?
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:18 pm

If you're in the Alhaurin area then ElCorte Ingles is only ½ an hour away they probably have a huge selection there!
Ah! the full english!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:19 pm

malagaman2005 wrote:I thought you had a language selection on all new DVD's ?
Not necassarily. When I first started renting DVDs in Spain they all had multi language options usually including English.

Now you really do have to check the details on the back to make sure. More DVDs (at least for rental) are coming with only Spanish.

Sid

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:42 am

El Cid wrote:Now you really do have to check the details on the back to make sure. More DVDs (at least for rental) are coming with only Spanish.

Sid
yup, cheaper to produce :(

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:21 am

You will find it very difficult to buy new DVDs in English. We always use Play.com (UK) or cdwow.com as you can get all the new releases, postage is free and they are very quick to deliver - great for video games as well. Have you tried eBay (UK)?

Heston
Resident

dvds

Postby Heston » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:38 pm

Order from Play.com they deliver free to Spain or anywhere actually and are always good prices..lots of offers on at the mo too..good for cds and playstaion games

Don

Postby Don » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 pm

I used to think all full price DVDs were always in original language plus local options. That was until I saw a crazy offer in Carrefour one day with DVDs at 1 euro each and found when I got home that .....

.... the only language was German. No original English and no Spanish tampoco. Went back and checked but of course, there was no advertising which said anything about the audio track language !!

They do make good bird scarers.