And you think you have problems

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jennyshaw
Resident

And you think you have problems

Postby jennyshaw » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Jenny

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:23 pm

:shock: :shock: Don't know that I should be laughing, but what a looney :shock:
Don't understand how the police had trouble finding him, would have thought a guy with a box on his head and a dyson vacuum cleaner hanging out of his trousers would be easy to spot :? :lol:

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Seven apartments!!?
to be sold on at a profit!

sorry, no sympathy for him.

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Well it wouldn't make much business sense to sell them for a loss now would it.

So the guy wants to make some money.. So what.. Doesn't mean he deserves no sympathy.

Kmoppz
Resident

Postby Kmoppz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:53 pm

I think it's a brave or silly man, that sells his home to fund the purchase of 7 units off plan.

That's been the problem for many would be property investors... The TV programmes make it all sound so easy... make a fortune with no worries and no hard work.

You cant go far wrong if you stick to the old Golden rule...

If it sounds too good to be true.... well you know the rest.

Sympathy.... is it due? Well the guys down on his luck, I dare say he was exposed to some slick sales techniques, the property market is full pit falls, scammers and the like.

But that said, there are deals and agents that can be trusted, you just need to know who they are... now that's the hard bit!

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:33 pm

As much as I feel sorry for his mental state, so many people have bought off plan with promises of all year rentals, big profits etc, few have made loads of money, the spanish have been buying off plan years before the english got on the bandwagon, maybe they knew that the mass building , and ruining the costas was coming and thats why buying off plan was suddenly available to all, spanish people bought off plan and knew they would sell at a great profit, that was long ago, the amazing greed of people buying 6, 7 ,8 plus apts, real entrapeneurs know long before and invest long before the masses buy. as someone else said if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I dont knock people making money, as I have on my property, after doing lots of hard work ourselves, but people are so gullible where making money is concerned.
Not everyone can be a clever property investor, though many think they can. then come unstuck and start crying or talk of commiting suicide...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:46 pm

He acted very stupidly. However, let us not forget that the properties are illegal, unfinished and uninhabitable, according to the law he should get his money back. I don't think being stupid and vunerable is a licence to con someone.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Think there are two very seperate issues here.
He took a gamble in selling his UK property and putting his wordly wealth into offplan thinking that he would make a lot of money. Even if they were legal, finshed etc it's unlikely that he would be able to sell 7 apartments and achieve what he set out to achieve. He would still unfortunately be stood there with nothing in his pocket.
But yes, Katy is right about the fact that it is wrong that anybody should be losing their money in what are illegal builds.
I feel sympathy for anyone who has been caught up in all of these builds, for the most part its usually a poor couple that were buying a holiday or retirement home. And in lots of cases no amount of homework could have saved them from it.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Well hes getting his 15 Min's of fame.A complete nutter who's gamble hasn't payed off. Rodney you are a plonker :lol: :lol:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:13 pm

No sympathy from me either. He has cocked up, greed got the better of him and he has nobody to blame but himself. Then having let his family down, losing their security, instead of knuckling down to put things right he wants to bleat and sport a box on his noggin? He wants to seek professional help asap!

Reading these stories (and there are lots of them, Spain and the Uk) I can't help thinking that I don't know anybody stupid enough to have believed the returns or rental figures and then jumping in and risking their financial lives and yet there appear to 1000's of these nutcases!.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Does anyone have any idea why he put an hose on to his todger?

The article states ,” and inserted into his trousers a crude home-made device; its intended function obvious.

Well its not obvious to me, is it to you. :?:
Jenny

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Clearly the guy is a head case, but have you thought other people may have bought on there and they could have sold their only home in the UK to retire on that development

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:51 pm

jennyshaw wrote:Does anyone have any idea why he put an hose on to his todger?

The article states ,” and inserted into his trousers a crude home-made device; its intended function obvious.

Well its not obvious to me, is it to you. :?:
Jenny, when you gotta go you gotta go :D Maybe a bit more awkward for a woman to "gotta go" standing immobile with a box on her head.

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Have no sympathy with greedy people. Perhaps he should be educated about people who are really suffering through no fault of their own.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Mark, of course, I am thick, feel a right idiot now. :oops: :oops:
Jenny

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:46 pm

he can have a bit of sympathy from me!!

The fact that he has purchased something that hasn't been delivered really should entitle him to his money back!!! however, the developers and agents will have long spent it....

like it's been said, he should have 7 empty apts that he cannot sell, not the best of positions but his own fault. If this was the case you'd have to say a bit naive, but the draw of profits was too great and he'll have to get on with it, alas not...

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

his mental state

Postby Big Col » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Having read this thread, yes I agree I think he was silly to have sold his house for a chance to make money on seven units.

I do feel for the bloke and yes he needs medical help, because i imagine he knows how stupid he was,and all this loss of all his family weath and feelings of guilt, and loss must have flipped his mind, and thats the reason why he ended up doing what he done.This guy must be nearing a breakdown and should get phytriactric help. (spelt wrong i know :oops: )

Ps Jennyshaw

thanks for making me smile!! regards your question re his vacum cleaner :lol: :lol:

pps Good news!!! Ive got just one more week of chemo starting in 2 weeks, horray!!!! then get tests done to find out how its all gone,if i need a operation, Granada hospital doctors are happy so far, so fingers crossed

All the best

A totaly bald Big Col :lol: :lol:

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Col, your chemo news is very good, I know the recovery rate for your problem is very good but it must still be a worry. However, you have to recover completely as you now owe me two coffees, maybe three for passing on contacts. Cortado Grande please. Our best wishes go to you, Alan & Sheila
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alpujarra » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Last edited by Alpujarra on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue May 06, 2008 1:39 pm

Any more news about this fella :oops: :oops:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela