Watch your baggage allowance weight on Monarch flights

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: watch your baggage allowance

Postby j4mes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 am

ht006d5256 wrote:I can accept weight on a plane is an important factor in costs what I cant get my head round is I weigh 140 kilos + 15 kilos baggage 155kilos the guy behind me 200 kilos +15 kilos baggage 215 kilos so who is costing the airline more in fuel, I think its just another way of getting more out of the passengers there has to be a fairer system of weight allowance but why bother lets rip the public off as much as they can while they can
I totally agree....weight allowance should be combined body & luggage....I also think there should be a set body weight limit (maybe even height to weight ratio) that if you are over you need to purchase 2 seats....

Also, I cannot see why this would raise discrimination claims....If you're overweight it's because you have eaten too much....I can't claim discrimination because they dont let me smoke??? I understand that smoking on a plane is banned because of health and safety but if you happen to be in a window seat when the plane crashes and you path is blocked by one or two obese people struggling to free themselves then isn't that a safety issue??

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Yeah, and ugly people should pay more too. Spose I'll have to take out a loan with my boat race :oops: