Being arrested in Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
lola
Tourist

Being arrested in Spain

Postby lola » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:27 pm

I thought I would warn others that it is possible to be arrested because someone thought we had not paid our yearly community charge. We had and due to an error not on our part we had a warrant out for 18months for our arrest. We do not live in Spain. We had no notification about this and were hauled off to the Police Station then were taken immediately to court where the error was sorted. I cannot believe that the arresting officers had no knowledge of our so called crime and that you could be treated in this manner. Further more we have had no apology from the owners of the building for being treated like criminals. Be warned. This could happen to you.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Fri May 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Life is like a sh.t sandwich, you do not realise it until you are half way through it!!!!!!
At least you got it sorted, one more incident for the memoirs??
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

julian
Andalucia Guru

arrest

Postby julian » Fri May 02, 2008 6:19 pm

sounds strange..I thought the process for unpaid community fees was to embargo the property which could be auctioned off to recover the amount unpaid.if what you say is the whole, real, story I imagine you could claim damages from the community

lola
Tourist

Postby lola » Fri May 02, 2008 10:37 pm

Yes it is true and I am not making it up. Our agents pay our bills for us and the owners know this. All our bills (even the alleged unpaid ones) have been stamped with the owners Paid stamp so a hiccup, not ours or our agents. on the owners behalf.

julian
Andalucia Guru

claim

Postby julian » Sat May 03, 2008 8:17 am

so will you be claiming damages from them?

lola
Tourist

Postby lola » Sat May 03, 2008 1:19 pm

if it is at possible we will claim damages from them. Not sure how to go about it but the least they can do is to refund our air fares as a four day break was ruined.

julian
Andalucia Guru

claim

Postby julian » Sat May 03, 2008 4:04 pm

If it really is as you tell it I think you could7should sue for false denuncia and claim for all the inconvenience, costs etc etc,