please be gentle

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

please be gentle

Postby bubba » Sun May 04, 2008 9:15 pm

have just made my first post , feels very good :D please be gentle with me, have been here 12 years most of which has been in the campo, but have lived on the coast also.
Hope to join in with you soon. :shock:

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alpujarra » Sun May 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Last edited by Alpujarra on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrissie
Resident

Please be gentle

Postby Chrissie » Sun May 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi bubba: Welcome to the forum :D I'm sssssooooooooooo pleased that making that first post has made you feel good. Long may it continue :lol:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Sun May 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Welcome Bubba enjoy yourself here, see you around :D

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 am

Welcome Bubba, I hope you enjoy the forum.

I find it extremely sad that newbies feel they have to say be gentle, I hope you lot are ashamed of yourselves (but I very much doubt it)!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon May 05, 2008 9:07 pm

Dido, I see you have made 823 posts yourself so how come you exempt yourself? If new members read the forum and look at most of the people who post we are all fine, normal but with our differences, so what do you mean exactly? What are you agreeing to, or is this Bubba another alter ego and you already know who they are? Why would anyone post to say this is my first post and nothing more than that? Most other forums I have seen are far more personal and bitchy than this one!

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:16 pm

Jool what I meant by "you lot" is the people who are aggressive and rude to new members of the forum without giving them a chance to become a part of the forum community, so much so that new members feel nervous and intimidated about making a post as they have already read how others have been treated.

I did not include myself as I believe I am informative and helpful whenever I can be :D

bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bubba » Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 pm

jools you will see that I have made some posts, do you have a problem with my joining in on this forum. deary deary me. :roll:
how often do you have these thoughts, do you also hear voices.

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Mon May 05, 2008 9:57 pm

I think I understood what Dido was saying - when I first came onto the forum I asked a few questions and got quite a bit of real abuse from a few people (yes, it was only a few but still not pleasant, really unnecesary and not, in the main, even relevant to the question asked). It very nearly put me off totally but there's so much I want to find out and there's so much useful stuff on here and so many really helpful people. So I'll keep asking questions and finding things out and just take note of the useful info. It's not about people agreeing, or saying that whatever you're thinking of doing is a good idea. I hope we all want honesty but it's easy to be honest and constructive without being nasty. Most people are and thank you all for that.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Tue May 06, 2008 12:23 am

welcome to the jungle bubba
all i get is abuse because i seem to have upset the wonderful spanish lifestyle that all users of this forum must have

agree with them all and you will be fine

dont forget to use the correct punctuation'

frog
jayne countys most famous song,google it

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

New to forum

Postby ICCSL » Tue May 06, 2008 12:25 am

Welcome Bubba and frog...................................cojones
Tina

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Tue May 06, 2008 1:56 am

well i have
jayne countys most famous song,google it

bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bubba » Tue May 06, 2008 7:44 am

I dont. :lol:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue May 06, 2008 10:20 am

Bubba - why would I have a problem with you joining the forum - I don´t even know you!! However the last line of your post seems to indicate you will join "the lot" Dido was referring to!

Dido, you made my point for me, I am one of those who has always (at least I hope so) tried to respond informatively and be friendly..........

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue May 06, 2008 12:46 pm

It,s patently obvious that Bubbas childish attemt at sarcasm aimed at Jool is yet another pitiful attempt to cause trouble here, why CAN;T those of you who apparently support him see that, or are you that desperate to get your name on the board.
Grow up this is an idiot posting designed to cause trouble.
Ah! the full english!!

bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bubba » Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 pm

I am sorry but I am not aware that I am trying to start trouble , why are some of the people here so hateful. I am not aware of saying anything wrong. :shock:

sheilap
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sheilap » Tue May 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I sometime times find it hard to ask an on going question as you are made to feel like a right idiot. We are here on this forum to ask for help. from the hundred's of members who have been there and done that . :lol: not to be be put down by the minority who feel they have to post to get more post,s and be noticed :( give us all a chance after all we are here to make life a little more easier 8) A BIG WELCOME FROM ME BUBBA :P

bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bubba » Tue May 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Thank you sheilap, I did not expect such an agressive response, which seems to be the norm on here from a certain few. They seem to think that everyone is somebody else, very confusing.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu May 08, 2008 12:01 pm

bubba wrote:They seem to think that everyone is somebody else, very confusing.
I would be very interested to know how, as a "new" poster you have arrived at this opinion?
Ah! the full english!!

bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bubba » Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 pm

probably because I can read, I have been reading on here for quite a while, and a certain few are paranoid about everyone with an individual opinion must be someone else. so what if some are, dont worry about it, its only a forum.
just do not be so agressive and stop attacking people. its not very intelligent is it, many on here try to come across as very intelligent, but their posts tell a different story. It is slightly obsessive behaviour.