The book is finished!

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

the book is finished!

Postby gavilan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 pm

and now on sale at Smiffs bookshop in Nerja and Lizzie Drippin's in Villanueva del Trabuco ...

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Stop pluggin' it and post a few free copies to your mates on here you tight bu**er :shock: .....JK Rowling did and look where she is now! :wink:

Kenny

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Did you discover what happened to the Marqeusa de Comares' family? Did they die out (helped by the Civil War, maybe)?
The trouble with good history books is that they leave me realising how little I know - the Cadfael books showed me King Stephen and the Empress Maud, that I had never knowingly learnt about, now you tell me about the landed gentry families of Spain! :D :(
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

the book is finished!

Postby gavilan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:42 pm

campo kenny ... maybe you should ask me first not make assumptions! I already have sent complementary copies to all those people who helped me and I list them in the acknowledgements ... I mention where these books are selling as it is often easier for people to go there than come to me direct and cheaper for individuals than posting them ... would also add that if people buy from bookshops I make even more of a loss as the shop takes between 30-40%.

peteroldracer: you raise an interesting question which I might have time to follow up if not bothered by having to answer comments like that from campo kenny!

Campo Kenny

Re: the book is finished!

Postby Campo Kenny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 pm

gavilan wrote: I already have sent complementary copies to all those people who helped me and I list them in the acknowledgements
Gavilan sorry :oops: , don't suppose if someone helped you with your sense of humour you'd send them a copy too?Image (A bit bigger wink this time as you seem to have missed the last one)

Seriously I wish you all the best with it, I've wasted hundreds of hours on mine and just can't smooth it out...so i do applaud you.
As it happens, there are a couple of other posters who frequent this site who also have published works (both Spanish/Mediterranean related) and we have bought a copy of one of them, funny thing is I've seen neither mention the fact on here :?

We will be buying a copy of yours though as the subject is certainly of interest to us.

Regards,
Kenny.....Awaiting the backlash :shock:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm

Gavilan I don't think you've received Campo Kenny's posting in quite the spirit it was sent. :o

I read it as being sent in a joking fashion and he did end it with a :wink: I'm certain there was no malice intended.

Edit. Your posting beat mine Kenny I was typing and talking and it won't let me delete.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks K.
Kenny

avellana
Resident

Hilary Gavilan's book - availability INLAND

Postby avellana » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 pm

AVAILABILITY AT MARKETS
Mondays - Chiringuito Antonio's/Caramels, Puente Don Manuel (10.00-13.00)
Wednesdays - Hotel Saydo, Mollina (10.00-13.00)
Thursdays - Hotel Los Arrieros, Colmenar (10.00-13.00)

Good menu del día at Hotel Los Arrieros, Colmenar (closed Tuesdays)

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:41 pm

The Title of the thread is "The Book is Finished". But I think there is enough material here for a follow-up book!
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Got it, looks fab, can't talk must go and read, thanks H. 8)

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Have you had lots of feedback yet, Hilary?
Have any of the free magazines or newspapers contacted you for an interview or to write an article?
I would think the Olive Press would be interested.

We have sold 14 copies since we started selling them at the end of May on our stall at the markets in Puente Don Manuel and Colmenar.

I'm hoping to take my copy to England in July and read it there - I don't seem to have time here!

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

the book is finished!

Postby gavilan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:11 pm

yes avellana lots of good feedback ... people seem to like it ... and yes I should be writing articles but too busy at present with visitors ... but the best news is that I have found a publisher!

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Excellent news about the publisher!
That should make your life easier.

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Great news Gavilan :D Are we allowed to know who the publisher is or are you still in negotiations?

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

the book is finished!

Postby gavilan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:49 pm

I have signed my part of the contract and am waiting for publisher signature to be sent from UK ... would rather wait til I receive that before telling ... its no big deal ... am just a bit nervous of 'counting my chickens' etc ... it is a small company but I am comfortable with the books they publish ...

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 am

A small publisher will probably work harder for you, well done :D