Living On the Edge

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Living On the Edge

Postby katy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Woke up early this morning and worried about to renew or not to renew my residencia. Took the dogs a walk but didn't stay in the campo too long as they are not muzzled and didn't want one of them to suffer a sudden death from poisoning, processionary caterpillars or Toads.

So what to do this morning, could go online but I may be tempted to look at the BOP site and find out I owe some Gov. agency 75 cents from years ago. Need cash from the bank...what if someone embargoes my account and it gets frozen, should I open a few other accounts? Do they still pay the utilities out of a frozen account?

Two coffees and two ciggies later I wonder if I am really legal now I have the medical certificate to go with my UK licence...or if I scrape a couple of cars (something I am prone to do) will my insurance refuse to pay out. Maybe not go to the bank and shops today...but what about the transport strike, do I need to stock up? stock up on what?

OH suggested going out on the boat and I remembered according to A.COM there seems to be loads of things we haven't done regards the legalities of having a boat all these years, seems easier to sell it :? Could go for a swim but what if the PH is wrong and my skin comes out in blotches, can I really trust my OH with this :?

Perhaps selling up and going to live in Bournemouth may be more relaxing. What about house prices crashing here? and despite my villa being 20 years old and having enough legal paperwork to fill a filing cabinet what if I am missing some vital piece of paper :shock:

Decided on a nice laid back lunch on the beach, don't know what will happen to our lifestyle though when the pound drops to 75 cents

:wink: :lol:

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Read this listened to my wife suffering a summer cold, smokers cough and alcohol induced liver failure. Think I'll open a vein.

Mhic.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi Katy,
Normally an embargo does not freeze your account, only the amount of money to cover the embargo and that is shown in retenciones..........

Funny post!!

Have some tinto verano, watch the wildlife and chill...........

I was worried about BOP and all sorts before but it seems not to be a matter of shame here just a matter of proof of administrative inefficiency.........

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:21 pm

You could sell up and buy a property in Sandbanks then it wouldn't matter if the paperwork wasn't in order because it will be under water in a few years time. :D

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Katy :D

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Forgot to say Katy................don't worry about yourself being in the Boletin, my *beep* name takes up all the spaces on every pageImage

Don

Postby Don » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:02 pm

To coin a phrase ...... just when you thought it was safe to back in the water !!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but then on the other hand .....

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Very funny Katy and it made my day, considering
I have been on the phone all day giving everyone hell

Here are a few examples

1) Still waiting for confirmation of opening saving acc. Has taken over 2 weeks

2) Transferring ISA's taken over a month

3) Waiting for end of year tax receipts from April

4) Waiting over 2 months for pair of chest waders (free gift with magazine subs)

No the chest waders aren't for me, we haven't had any floods for ages!

Guess what everyone's excuse was?

"We are very sorry but we've had a backlog"

What is going on with everyone :evil:

And don't get me started on my daughter's house move and the situation with her buyer, I really am ready to burst a bloodvessel, I'd have a glass of wine but I put on about 6lbs lately, thanks to stress-eating Twix bars.

I'm off to find some low-calorie gin :roll:
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Yoy could always give up the ciggies, and eat the dogs !

anyroads

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:25 pm

katy wrote:
Woke up early this morning and worried about to renew or not to renew my residencia.
I thought a residencia certificate was no longer required. :?

The building society of the buyer of our house used the excuse of having a backlog for the delay in sending a surveyor. I finds this hard to believe when there is supposed to be a slow down in the housing market. :o

The manana syndrome isn't only in Spain. :)

I thought it wasn't going to happen and then all of a sudden it has. :shock:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:31 am

anyroads wrote:Yoy could always give up the ciggies, and eat the dogs !
Not often one sees the Birmingham accent in writing - love it!! :D
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

jenna m
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jenna m » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Wjat is the BOP website and what is the web address for it??
Thanks, Jenna