Tributaria

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Cassandra
Resident

Tributaria

Postby Cassandra » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:48 pm

Does anyone know if Tributaria offices open after siesta? I know we could phone and ask but not until they're open again and as they're about an hours drive away wanted to get there for opening time if possible.

The B@st@rds are demanding payment plus a late fee for non payment of taxes we paid 6 months early :evil:

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Curious as to how you can pay taxes early? Sorry, can't answer your q!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:25 pm

AEAT offices are only open in the mornings.

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Our tax adviser split the payment, ½ immediately and ½ in November by direct debit. She didn't ask first and we preferred to pay the full amount straight away so we did. They're now chasing us for non-payment of the November payment :?

We've now managed to get through to a national number by phone but despite having an English speaker, must be in Madrid, they can do little more than give out telephone numbers. We've managed to establish that the local offices are only open until 2 or 2.30 and they also said we may need an appointment but with only 9 working days till we leave and lots of other things to do we need to see someone straight away.

It's enough to make you want to be dishonest, the tax avoiders certainly seem to have a less stressful life :cry:

Sorry, Beachcomber, you were replying as I was typing. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to know if you can go to any AEAT office would you? Our local one is Huercal Overa, 30 minutes away but the letter we've received is from Almeria, 1 hour and impossible to park. Last time we went there (to traffico) we parked outside the city and got a taxi in, more expense :roll:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:36 pm

You should have got her to print out the tax return again rather than just pay the whole amount anyway. AEAT doesn't appear to have the ability to cope with something that doesn't fit in with the paperwork.

No doubt you will be able to get this sorted out eventually but not without a considerable amount of effort and inconvenience. Presumably if you ask your advisor she will say that it is your own fault for not sticking to the fractional payments.

If your local tax office is Huercal Overa you should be able to sort it out there even though the letter was from Almería.

When you go make sure you take proof of payment of the whole amount. Hopefully the receipted form will reflect the fact that you did pay the whole amount not just the fractional payment.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Can you not make an appointment online?

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks again, she has offered to help sort it out 'but will have to charge us'.

It was our 1st tax return here and a mess all round. We had 4 different lots to pay and some forms were re-printed - 2 of them because the system wouldn't accept the apostrophe on my name - said she had never come across that before! I think she re-printed the one in dispute at the same time as it says 'en effectivo' on it. We have all the receipted documents and the bank statement and even the payment slips showing were we moved money from one account to another to pay it (she messed that up as well) so hopefully they will just hold their hands up and admit they are at fault - and pigs might fly!

Much simpler this year, we did a joint return and insisted on immediate payment of the full amount.

Next year is simpler still, we've planned our move to make absolutely sure we are under the magic 183 days for tax residency :)

The AEAT make the Inland Revenue look like guardian angels :shock:

Hillbilly, will take another look at their site and see if that's possible.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm

I don't know if you can make an appointment online.

I suppose she is within her rights to charge you in this instance but the fiscal advisors I know will sort things out with AEAT at no extra charge if they have completed the tax return.

One even spent a whole morning with a client at the tax office in Almería when they queried something on his tax return.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm

We are able to make appts online up here. That's how I did mine this year.