what are the Spanish kids like near you?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:36 pm

:lol:

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 pm

well now did i do it accidently or was it on purpose?

to be honest one this ONE occasion it is acceptable to use the word pasio/paseo(depends on which part of spain you are from) :wink: as it is a lot shorter than seafront promenade
there are no other exceptions

oh,by the way,julian and piggy,how come you didnt notice the mistake in spanish that i put in the thread that you are so keen to quote me on

as my princess said,or is probably thinking,

pathetic mugs
jayne countys most famous song,google it

mijas bound
Resident

Postby mijas bound » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:22 am

My original post was a question about Spanish kids, maybe it should have been about British kids?? :wink:
Via con DIABLO

samantha
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samantha » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi there, i think that the pushing from the kids and adults is just part of their latin temperment and enthusiasm, they just want to get in on the action and love a push and shove , i have also found the people here extremely tactile, friendly and sociable. I think its just a part of their character and you do get used to it. Also as a nation they are extremely tolerant, here in my town we have an annual all night rock concert which can be heard far and wide, no body complains, its a 1 night event and people live and let live. Love to see the same reaction in UK in a small town!!
Please support Pepi´s Dog Refuge
www.pepisdogrefuge.com

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:45 am

samantha wrote: here in my town we have an annual all night rock concert which can be heard far and wide, no body complains, its a 1 night event and people live and let live. Love to see the same reaction in UK in a small town!!
Have you never heard of Glastonbury :? and there are lots of small festival held around the UK. I went to plenty of all-nighters in my time, mostly indoor events but you could certainly locate them by the sound so neighbours would have been aware of them.

The essential difference here is probably that it's mainly local people that go to them whereas in the UK people travel so there's a certain amount of traffic management etc to be done but I think most of the more rural locations welcome the extra business brought in and are happy to put up with the noise for a well organised event.

samantha
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samantha » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:53 am

i see your point about the concerts, we had them in Brighton too but miles away from residencial areas. maybe they are equally tolerant to all night all night concerts in UK,only here its typical that people take their own food and drink.
www.pepisdogrefuge.com

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Got the highlights of the Isle of Wight festival on TV at the mo. The locals there have also taken their own food and drink - and are selling it to the incomers :lol:

samantha
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samantha » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:41 pm

thats cool !! maybe the laws on providing food and drinks to public is not quite as rigid as i thought, i hear that in UK nowadays that laws on health and saftey and political correctness have gone overboard.
On the subject of kids being pushy and rude, a few times when a spanish parent has introduced me to their child, the child has greeted me very respectfully and with a kiss to the cheek, whick blew me away!!
www.pepisdogrefuge.com