putting your photo on this forum

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

putting your photo on this forum

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Gerryh said there is nothing wrong with putting your photo in the avatar on a public forum for everyone to see,obviously the toyotadesigner doesnt see any problem with it either(thats if they are their real pictures)
anyway,what i wondered was,what are your views on doing this..?

Would you post your picture for the whole world to see on this forum?
If not,why not.?
and if the answer is yes you would ,can you explain why please?

Do you think people would be nicer to you,if they knew what you really looked like,or would it be fuel to the fire?

I would not,reason being,there are some very sick people out there,I have nothing to hide but wouldnt fancy a stalker or some saddo picking my photo to bits saying my hair was horrible or anything else they may find bad or nice about me.Obviously its far safer for a man to put his pic up than it is for a woman.what are your views.?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:38 pm

A great idea...
However I was just trying to imagine the multi-id members wearing different types of disguise.....then again the member who I always thought was a pretty young lady...turns out to be a bearded hairy arxed biker.....And the macho foul mouthed poster ..who turns out to be a pretty young lady.....And then again could I use a photo of myself from 30 years ago...or do I post a present pic of me, and become another Rolf Harris look alike..?

I think I'll just stay incognito...... :lol:

Regards.....Gordon...

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:48 pm

well,yes you have a point about the multi iders(trust you :roll: )

If you are brave enough,post a pic,it would be nice to see who we laugh with. :wink: Im sure you are very handsome. :D

I would like some ladies to answer,see what their views on this are.

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:25 pm

I have posted my pic on here before, not as my avatar though, but if I get the demand I am happy to use it as the Avatar :D

I don't have a clue why you think it's "wrong" to post your pic :? What on earth have you got to worry about, you would not be posting your address and phone number would you?

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Benidorm is very handsome.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:41 pm

PP and Avellana...

What me ? handsome..... :oops: :oops:

Well my Mother always thought so...but she did wear 'bottle bottom ' glasses.... :lol:

tidal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tidal » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:29 pm

I am not that cruel :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:39 pm

MarkF wrote
I don't have a clue why you think it's "wrong" to post your pic
I presume you are a man MarkF?
Men dont seem to think there is any harm in posting a pic of themselves,No,i certainly wouldnt be posting my name and telephone number.
I understand what you mean,but look at it from a womans point of view.

Then o.k...say i did post my pic.you would get people saying..thats not you,its someone else... :roll:
I just dont think its right for a woman to do it,or perhaps i should say its not safe!

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm

What's not "safe" about you (for example) posting your photo PP?

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:10 pm

I am having the same conversation Griff with gerrh on a different pos..I will cut and paste what i put to him.

I think its perfectly o.k for a man to do it.
O.k...so lets say im some stunning blonde or brunette,and you all think pwhoar!
surely it would encourage annoying pms and perhaps lead to uncomfortable questions from the poster to me?

I really dont think my husband would appreciate me posting pics of myself on the forum,and why would i do it?
I just dont think there is any need for a woman to do it,its just asking for trouble.

surely other women on here feel the same,they must do otherwise they would have pics of themselves like gerryh does

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:27 pm

While I can see, and fully appreciate, your personal reasons for not posting your own photo PP I don't agree it's not "safe" for females to post their own photos.

I've no ulterior motive and/or malice but I think it would be a shame if people felt scared to post pics. I know we all have our different opinions on here but I'd find it interesting to learn more about the members of this site and if that involved people posting photo's of themselves then I'm all for it. I still respect your personal believes however.
Last edited by .Griff. on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:27 pm

princess peach wrote: I think its perfectly o.k for a man to do it.
I honestly can't see what difference it makes. I have met more, many more, bonkers women than I have men.
princess peach wrote: O.k...so lets say im some stunning blonde or brunette,and you all think pwhoar! surely it would encourage annoying pms and perhaps lead to uncomfortable questions from the poster to me?
:lol: I think you have gone crackers, why upon seeing a good looking woman do you think a normal man might be driven so wild with desire by an avatar that he stalks said woman? Any more of this paranoia and I am going to start wearing a cycle helmet.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:33 pm

MarkF wrote:
I have met more, many more, bonkers women than I have men.
:lol:
Probably shouldn't, but would have to say the same as you! :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 pm

MarkF wrote
I think you have gone crackers, why upon seeing a good looking woman do you think a normal man might be driven so wild with desire by an avatar that he stalks said woman?
well perhaps stalks is the wrong word then. bothers is maybe the correct word to use.

Be honest Mark there are not many normal men on this forum are there. :lol: :lol:
Things do get quite nasty sometimes on here,that would be all you need is for someone to say...urrgh..horrible wart on your face,or yuk!your eyebrows meet in the middle :lol: :lol: you could possibly also be made a laughing stock as well,it works both ways...

Men are strange creatures,and yes i think they could be driven wild with an avatar picture... :D

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:41 pm

griff wrote
I've no ulterior motive and/or malice but I think it would be a shame if people felt scared to post pics
And i believe what you say Griff, people obviously ARE scared to post their pics,otherwise more people would be doing it on here wouldnt they?
It is a shame,as i think it is nice for people to be able to see who they talk to,it might stop a lot of this b1tchiness if you could see a face instead of some blonde cartoon in a dodgy dress and brollie. :lol: :lol: I suppose make it more human(if thats the correct word)

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Hola

Must agree with PP on this, years ago i remember my then young (19) year old niece using her own picture as an avatar on messenger. She had also filled in her place of residence and used her first name. To make a long story short i am sure in chat rooms she inadvertently gave away more info..she was working in a restaurant at the time. She started getting messages from some man saying he had been in her restaurant and was watching her etc! Not really the kind of attention anyone wants. It is very easy to give away information inadvertently on line be it forums or otherwise..just not a wise thing for anyone to do

Fred

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Everybody agrees with her.....even I do. Giving ANY details out on the www. net is silly really, and unless you kinow 100% who you are talking to I certainly wouldn't, and I'm a bloke and would not in the real world be classed as soft to be honest.
As for the pics, on a forum like this where you can hide all of your details including email I would not neccessarily believe the pic was of that person even if they posted one...............and to be honest couldn't give a toss.

We are mostly all faceless on here and rightly so but that's where the problem starts when people become deeply offensive and rude whilst hiding behind the anonimity....and on a boringly regular basis as well.

Cheers,
Kenny

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:14 pm

thankyou for that Fred! :D

O.k let me put it another way..
Big busty blonde beautiful stunning woman,posts by the name of lucy.?
As soon as you see the pic you men are instantly attracted to her..
Now,the men on here cannot try to tell me that you wouldnt go out of your way to chat to her as often as possible,flirty posts and all that.sending possible pms just because she is a cracker???
:lol:

Of course you would,thats why all us georgous chicks on here prefer to stay undercover,so we dont get you men into trouble! :lol: :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Campo FYI not everyone agrees with me,that is why we are having this discussion in the first place, :roll:
Gerryh,MarkF and Griff dont agree with me.
when people become deeply offensive and rude whilst hiding behind the anonimity....and on a boringly regular basis as well.

If you want to keep digging at me Campo Kenny please do so in the lounge,you have said your piece now give it a rest instead of droning on like some old stuck record.
I do not choose to hide behind anonimity,it comes with being sensible on a forum full of a few lunatics :roll:and as for being deeply offensive and rude and on a boringly regular basis that is your opinion(and a select few others )If im that bad,stay away from me,do us both a favour and avoid me like the plague, only you dont do you. :lol:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:37 pm

I just worry that some people may misinterpret the bit that says "member" - faces only please folks! :shock:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.