putting your photo on this forum

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 pm

What kick do you get though from being totally obnoxious on a forum?

I wasn't rude to you then was I? did I mention your name...........I was talking purely about cowardly,vicious posters with nothing to lose and no accountability and you dive in at me :?
Fair enough though I can take it.

Regards,
Kenny

PS This actually all kicked off in the "House sitting" thread where a lady called Paula was was spoken to in a way that would NEVER!!! happen in the real world..nuff said.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:04 pm

PS This actually all kicked off in the "House sitting" thread where a lady called Paula was was spoken to in a way that would NEVER!!! happen in the real world..nuff said
Yes it would,I wouldve said exactly what i said to her in that post to her face if she had been stood in front of me saying it.You do not know me so you cannot possibly say that!
The thing is Kenny,if you look at this post,
MarkF wrote:

I have met more, many more, bonkers women than I have men.

Probably shouldn't, but would have to say the same as you!
She has actually said probably shouldnt..because she knows she is saying the wrong thing..she is trying to goad me into an argument,yet again.
Of course it will be totally denied. :roll:
Why,if you dislike me so much,do you post on my posts?.I dislike certain members on here and as i have said before,out of principal i avoid them like the plague.
I really dont care what you or anyone else thinks of me,i am who i am,i dont try to be anyone else,or mean to be obnoixous,I just like a laugh,majority laugh with me,others have a sour face on board :roll: ...who gives a toss anyway,I certainly dont. :lol:
If i was sooo bad,i wouldve been removed long ago wouldnt i ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:26 pm

princess peach wrote:
PS This actually all kicked off in the "House sitting" thread where a lady called Paula was was spoken to in a way that would NEVER!!! happen in the real world..nuff said
Yes it would,I wouldve said exactly what i said to her in that post to her face if she had been stood in front of me saying it.You do not know me so you cannot possibly say that!
The thing is Kenny,if you look at this post,
MarkF wrote:

I have met more, many more, bonkers women than I have men.

Probably shouldn't, but would have to say the same as you!
She has actually said probably shouldnt..because she knows she is saying the wrong thing..she is trying to goad me into an argument,yet again.
Of course it will be totally denied. :roll:
Why,if you dislike me so much,do you post on my posts?.I dislike certain members on here and as i have said before,out of principal i avoid them like the plague.
I really dont care what you or anyone else thinks of me,i am who i am,i dont try to be anyone else,or mean to be obnoixous,I just like a laugh,majority laugh with me,others have a sour face on board :roll: ...who gives a toss anyway,I certainly dont. :lol:
If i was sooo bad,i wouldve been removed long ago wouldnt i ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are so incredibly deluded. Marks comment made me laugh, for the reason that I said, I have also met more women that are bonkers than men!! The reason I said "shouldn't say it" was simply because I am female! It was absolutely nothing to do with you, and that is not a denial, just believe that you are not forever foremost in my mind :roll:
I do not, and have not tried to goad you into any arguments, but forgive me for possibly wanting to comment occasionally on a thread that contains posts from you. Difficult to avoid, you are in nearly every thread.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:36 pm

I was correct wasnt i ,complete denial,

Just stick to the sour puss look its suits you much better than the sarcasm
you try to dish out. :roll: :roll:
but forgive me for possibly wanting to comment occasionally on a thread that contains posts from you. Difficult to avoid, you are in nearly every thread
actually i started this post,if you dislike me,why do you even want to reply on it...strange little ex pat you are! :shock:

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Back to the original question - although I also feel I have nothing to hide & I'm sure no-one would want to see a pic of me, I wouldn't ever consider putting a pic on or giving other personal information. I've never been on to any other forum & am probably quite naive about "forum culture" but I'll stay incognito.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm

princess peach wrote:I was correct wasnt i ,complete denial,

Just stick to the sour puss look its suits you much better than the sarcasm
you try to dish out. :roll: :roll:
but forgive me for possibly wanting to comment occasionally on a thread that contains posts from you. Difficult to avoid, you are in nearly every thread
actually i started this post,if you dislike me,why do you even want to reply on it...strange little ex pat you are! :shock:
You just can't stop yourself from being downright nasty, and you can keep repeating how much you think you are liked, but I seriously believe that anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see that you are out of order, whether or not they happen to like you.

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Seriously, I have met a lot more bonkers women than men, I have been stalked and I know men who have been stalked, I don't know any MALE stalkers though.

Anyway. it's only a pic, "they" can't find you even if they wanted to so I still don't see any problem and still think the chances of men being driven wild with lust via an avatar on here are infinitesimal.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 pm

We have so much young gorgeous totty on here (so they tell us) that to put on their photos would drive an average man wild to do evil things like stalking. I just have an image of a deluded fat bird plonking away at the keyboard (unless the Tricia programme or something similar is on). Who would spend all Saturday evening arguing the point about why they shouldn't put on their photo...did anyone suggest they did. Does anyone care a flying fóóck. :roll:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:05 pm

katy wrote: a flying fóóck.
I saw one of those today, katy, then there was this 'bang' from a shotgun........ 8)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:50 pm

peteroldracer wrote:
katy wrote: a flying fóóck.
I saw one of those today, katy, then there was this 'bang' from a shotgun........ 8)
Brucie has arrived :shock:

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:20 pm

well,about two weeks ago,an un named member pm'd me to say that he was sure he had seen my avatar at the mirimar centre laser glass engraving shop and didnt know i was so famous

see what happens if your not careful,

memo............ must change avatar from real pic of me
jayne countys most famous song,google it

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:38 am

So,the conclusion to this post is,Men dont see anything wrong with posting their pics on a public forum(apart from one),and women do.
Thanks to the majority who contributed a very interesting discussion! :D

tidal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tidal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:25 am

O.k...so lets say im some stunning blonde or brunette,and you all think pwhoar!
surely it would encourage annoying pms and perhaps lead to uncomfortable questions from the poster to me?
O.k...so lets say I'm some stunning adonis and all you women think pwhoar!

Men aren't the only ones who might behave in the manner you describe.
Although, in the case above I might be atttractive to some men as well.

I'm sorry but there IS no gender specific risk here.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 am

What if I were me and I said chafe and then Vaseline Image :lol: :lol:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting your own photo on a forum but I do agree that in this sad world it is not entirely safe for a woman to do so.

I personally wouldn't post my own photo, not because I don't want people to know what I look like, I have met quite a few on here now and they will tell you I am what I am, nothing hidden, I wouldn't because as I have found all my life that people judge you by the way you look. I think I am respected and "liked" on this forum as a positive helpful sort of person, I also think that if you all knew what I looked like before you got to "know" me I wouldn't have the same respect......sad but true.

I think it is better to remain anonymous so as not to be judged, having said that all the people I have met from the forum are pretty much as I expected them to be so no scary surprises so far (well apart from Freecatsrus who is VERY scary :lol:....just kidding J! )

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:58 am

On a serious note I would not post my own photo on the internet, there are some complete loons about and many lurkers on forums.

On one particular forum that I am a member of there was one guy who made it his business to find as many personal details he could about the members. Now I am sure he kept all this information on file, as it would have been too hard to memorise.

This character was seriously nasty, and rarely started his own thread but interjected on other peoples. His comments were usually one liners and very argumentative, when he managed to start an argument, he resorted to very nasty remarks, adding some very personal information.

This did unnerve a lot of people and more especially the female members, many of whom were living alone. Just imagine how much worse this feeling and this fear might have been, had they posted their own pictures?

As for male stalkers, there are loads of them. I used to have one. I had to let him go in the end as he was costing me way too much and his time keeping was lousy. And yes I am being serious

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:05 am

As for male stalkers, there are loads of them. I used to have one. I had to let him go in the end as he was costing me way too much and his time keeping was lousy. And yes I am being serious

Hmmm. I had a similar experience :x One for the amigos lounge on a rainly day :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:07 am

I'ts p1ssing down here..........so spill the beans 8)

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:23 am

There's some very paranoid people on this forum.

Unless you're stupid enough to leave a trail of personal details all over the net you've got absolutely nothing to worry about from posting a photo.

I doubt even MI5 could work out where you live based on a simple photo alone.

tidal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tidal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:24 am

There's a fair few female ones too.

The world has changed people and quite a few women are more than capable of being predatory.

Not that I ever meet them :(