Firefox login

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Firefox login

Postby mhic » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:19 am

I have just started using firefox and find I cant log in to the forum with it. Have had two new passwords issued (and activated) as well as my original but it wont accept either my user name or any of the passwords. the originals still work fine though if I use Explorer. One for admin possibly?

Mhic.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:22 am

Is it just this forum? Can you log in to other fora or your bank account for example? Have you yet installed any Firefox Add-ons?

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:28 am

Hi Beachy.
Only have trouble login in to this forum other forum I use is fine as are bank acounts etc, installed no add on's at all as yet.

Mhic.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 am

Try clearing cookies. What message do you get when trying to log in?

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:33 pm

HI

Funnily enough I am having exactly the same problem. Explorer accepts my log in but in firefox 3.0.1 Downloaded and installed yesterday it will not recognize me. Refuses to log me in. I requested a new password and rec`eived a message it had been sent. I have not received it and the old password still works in IE. My other sites have no problems. The first thing I did was check logging into my bank and cc sites!
I decided to wait until Monday and see if I can deal with it then..maybe a more general fault if two of us have it!

Fred