Moving to Sevilla September 1st

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jenlafemme
Tourist

Moving to Sevilla September 1st

Postby jenlafemme » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi everyone :)

My boyfriend, myself and a mate are moving out to Sevilla (from Scotland) at the beginning of September. We are looking to have an apartment pretty much ready to move into when we arrive (although we don't mind spending one or two nights at the most in a hostel if necessary).

We would prefer to be in the Centro area as we know people there, but are willing to look at other areas.

Could anyone recommend a good letting agency, or somewhere with apartment listings? I already use Loquo.
To be honest I'd prefer to go through an agency just to take the hassle out of it.

Any other suggestions on just generally moving to Sevilla would be helpful too

:)

Thanks,

Jenny
Jen x

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Have you looked through http://www.exploreseville.com/ and in your case the section on Living in Seville on the right hand Menu ?

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Also Seville Actual the on-line magazine

Don

Postby Don » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:19 pm

Having offered my personal advice the following posts (apart from jen herself) make me again wish I had never bothered. Good luck jen.
Last edited by Don on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro P
Resident

Re: Moving to Sevilla September 1st

Postby Retro P » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:02 pm

[quote="jenlafemme"]Hi everyone :)

We would prefer to be in the Centro area as we know people there,

Wouldn't you be better off asking them instead of us as, being local they're more likely to know than most of us, who don't live there
Ah! the full english!!

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:31 pm

RetroP - Look at the helpful replies from Don, Pilgrim and flan taster.

YOU may be from marbella area, as quite a lot on this forum are, but that doesnt mean EVERYONE is.

This is an ANDALUCIA Forum and as such, Sevilla is in Andalucia. A few members are from/near this area, thus can give informative advice.

Jen, feel free to ask for any more info regarding this area as there are a few of us nearby who will help you if we can.

Regards

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:05 pm

I think my reply was more direct and practical than your comment that you will "help her if you can"

If I had "people I knew" In Seville I would ask them first and foremost, seem like common sense to me!
Ah! the full english!!

jenlafemme
Tourist

Postby jenlafemme » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Retro P - wow, I never thought of asking my friends in Sevilla about any of this!

Not really. Of course I thought of that. It was the first thing I did. However, I would appreciate advice from as many people as possible, as my friends do not know absolutely everything there is to know about Sevilla.

Like karaandjon said, this is the Andalucia forum, not the Marbella one.

If Sevilla is no interest to you, then don't click on the clearly labled title of this thread.

Thanks!
Jen x

jenlafemme
Tourist

Postby jenlafemme » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Everyone -

Thanks for all the replies! :) They're all really helpful. I am taking a look at those websites just now...the Explore Sevilla website is really good x
Jen x

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costagirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Well said Jena :lol:

Best of luck with your move to Seville. Hope everything goes really well for you.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:16 pm

jenlafemme wrote:Retro P - wow, I never thought of asking my friends in Sevilla about any of this!

Not really. Of course I thought of that. It was the first thing I did. However, I would appreciate advice from as many people as possible, as my friends do not know absolutely everything there is to know about Sevilla.

Like karaandjon said, this is the Andalucia forum, not the Marbella one.

If Sevilla is no interest to you, then don't click on the clearly labled title of this thread.

Thanks!
But surely your "friends" living in Seville and all that would have a much clearer picture than a abunch of anonymous forum posters?

Seville has always been of interest to me, however when a "newbie" asks a question then in the same posting tells us that they know people there I have to ask the question "do they think I'm stupid" are you sure you actually "know" people in Seville or is it someone you met in a pub there, once?
Ah! the full english!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:20 pm

Retro, I think you have a point (or two) here. Didn't spot it myself but I hear what you are saying!

jenlafemme
Tourist

Postby jenlafemme » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:26 pm

What's wrong with trying to get as many opinions as possible?

My boyfriend's brother has lived there for 5 years.

What the hell is your problem?
Jen x

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costagirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Jen,

I dont post here very often so am only considered a newbie.

but there are a few here who have been posting a while who think they 'own' this site and newbies should not be posting :(

I have posted a few things and some replies are so sarcastic.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:21 pm

Jen, dont let the Katys and Retros of this Forum get you down. Thankfully they are few and far between. Most of the members of this Forum are friendly and helpful when ever they can.

If you need any further views or info, please continue to post. After all, like you said, you have clearly labelled the subject matter.People dont have to click on it if they are not interested. :lol:

Good luck with your new life in Sevilla and enjoy!

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Retro P wrote:But surely your "friends" living in Seville and all that would have a much clearer picture than a abunch of anonymous forum posters?
Why? Not everyone who lives in the same place knows the same places or people or has the same information. Some of these anonymous forum posters actually live there and are therefore just as qualified to give information and advice as 'friends'.

There are quite a few members here who continually post inane and sarcastic comments in response to perfectly valid questions. As my father used to say "if you can't say anything useful, don't say anything at all". makes me wonder why they go to the bother of responding.
Retro P wrote:Seville has always been of interest to me, however when a "newbie" asks a question then in the same posting tells us that they know people there I have to ask the question "do they think I'm stupid" are you sure you actually "know" people in Seville or is it someone you met in a pub there, once?
Retro, I think you need to get on some medication as you're obviously feeling paranoid. What does it matter if they actually do know people in Seville or not? Are you bovvered? Was the question personally addressed to you to make you think that they were calling you stupid? I think you're actually making yourself look quite silly.

jenlafemme, ask as many questions as you like, I'm sure that the members from the Seville area will have no qualms in answering your questions. I wish I'd known about these forums before I moved over, it would have made the transition much smoother.

Good Luck

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Jen. Ignore the odd miserable old know it alls you will find on this forum. It seems to have missed him by that Seville is the capital of Andalucia, is absolutely beautiful, I am sure most of the forum members have visited the city and been impressed. Keep posting and ask specific questions and members will help you. :)
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm

jenlafemme wrote:

What the hell is your problem?

To be perfectly honest I'm really fed up with your and your classmates very predictable script(s).
Ah! the full english!!

jenlafemme
Tourist

Postby jenlafemme » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 pm

I''ll just ignore the above reply so we can go back to the original point of this thread...

Thanks everyone for the help!
Jen x