Moving in 40 Days !

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
mayzandme
Tourist

Moving in 40 Days !

Postby mayzandme » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi all

We are moving over to Alhaurin El Grande on September 29th (which is getting very close) however with it being summer hols I am having trouble getting hold of my sons school records.

I have read numerous articles about state and private schools and we have discussed it with him (14yrs) and he has decided he would like to try a state school first.

Does anyone have any feedback or comments about registering him into a state school and has anyone got any children in a school in AEG ??

Thanks

Mayz
x
:lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi,one thing i will tell you to go and get before you come,is a list of vaccinations that he has had,my sons school (spanish)wanted this information along with his school reports when he first started.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Although State schools may ask to see vaccination records, it is not a legal requirement. Private schools, I believe, can make their own rules.

mayzandme
Tourist

Postby mayzandme » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you For your replies ! I don't suppose anyone knows of a good state school in Alhaurin El Grande ??

Mayz

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:27 pm

My 2 are in a spanish school in Coin and all they asked for was the 'red' book of their health records, no requests for any school records and none of our friends in 4 different schools in Coin have had to supply any records.
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

CubaLibre
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CubaLibre » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi there Mayzandme
It’s my first post on here, not sure if I am supposed to introduce myself somewhere first?

Initially you will need to register at the town hall (enpadramiento sp?). It’s a while since I have done mine so regulations may have changed slightly. I needed my passport, my N.I.E and a fixed address (rental contract, deeds etc).
Unfortunately it is unlikely you will be able to choose which state school he will attend.
Generally the school will be appointed to you determined by the address used in your registration in the town hall.
I think the whole enrolment can get quite tricky especially for those who don’t have a huge grasp of the local lingo, i don't know how your spanish is? However, I can PM a number of a local translator that specializes in school enrolment if you like?
As for private schools I have heard good reports from St Anthony’s College which is in Fuengirola, a lot of the kids go there from AEG and Coin.
I hope this helps you a little. :)

annie_d
Resident

Re: Moving in 40 Days !

Postby annie_d » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Just oout of interest, what would happen if you didn't have the vaccination record? My (adult) children were not vaccinated as children.
anyway, anyway, love from me.