Timescale to sell a Property?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 pm

We saw that sign back in April and it was 2 bedrooms for the price of one then too, will be 3 for the price of one soon :lol:

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 pm

One of my neighbours has been trying to sell his two bed town house in N A for almost three years now, he's an idiot though it's overpriced by about 40 grand, like I said he's an idiot and won't sell it for his current price as long as he has a hole in his ar5e.
Ah! the full english!!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Mowser - perhaps you need a house doctor to go round and look at your house dispassionately? We did this for a very low fee on one house we sold over here and it was no coincidence that we had a lot more serious interest in it post doctoring (really re-arranging and defining areas of the very large house) and it sold within a few months, with more than one person wanting it!!

Just a thought - had it not happened to me I wouldn´t believe it either.....

sunkissed
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sunkissed » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 pm

I know of several properties by British owners that have both been on the market since the middle of 2004 with one reduced by around 40% over that time.

The CDS market has been driven by the promotion of new and off-plan properties by the major agents this decade and is one reason why we're heading for big trouble
"Hmmm, do I want to drive this couple sitting in my office to 20 apartments all over the place in the heat and traffic in my own car, after organising keys and visit times, then hope there isn't a problem or chain if the decide to buy one? Perhaps I'll just sit here, whip out a few development brochures, show them a scale model and talk about 30% returns and get my commission immediately from the developer" It's a tough one.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Sunkissed - you´ve had too much sun its made you hard and cynical...................... :wink:

towella
Andalucia.com Amigo

currency exchange rates - play a part

Postby towella » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:26 pm

We have been looking to buy a 4-bed house in Torre del Mar / Nerja area for some time. Last year we saw a house for 300,00 euro (at that time £200,000) this year they have reduced the price in euros but it amounts to more in pounds because of the exchange rates and were not willing to do a deal!