Moving On - Update

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Cassandra
Resident

Moving On - Update

Postby Cassandra » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Folks, it's been a while! Almost two months in fact. We've been back in the UK about 7 weeks now, in Scotland since 1st August due to delays caused by the usual family stuff and a health issue. I'm very pleased to report that the stories we have heard so often on here about the demise of the NHS are blatantly untrue :D

Not quite settled yet as I still don't have a job but that's partly the delay in getting here and partly the fact that I can afford to be a bit fussy about what I take. The reason?

We sold the house :P

We actually sold it 2 days before leaving Spain, subject to a mortgage deal, and spent the morning our removals people were due chasing round solicitors and notaries signing contracts and power of attorneys. It was on the market for less than 8 weeks and only 4 weeks with the agent who sold it, including about 10 days of negotiating the price upwards! So those of you who are still trying to sell don't give up hope, just be sensible on the price and if your moving the money back to the UK remember the exchange rate is very favourable at the mo.

At the moment we're happy with our decision, who knows what time will bring but it was the right decision for us at the time and I'm certainly a lot saner than I was when I was in Almeria.

Happiest of all of us though is our dog. We have several woodland and river walks within the town, a huge park and a 17 mile traffic free stretch of the national cycle path less than 5 minutes walk away.

Come to think of it, that's a 3rd reason for being slack on the work front. I wanted to work cos I was bored in Almeria, here there's so much to do. Maybe I'll just look for part-time work :wink:

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 am

many will follow,glad you looked after your dog
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 am

Well done Cassandra, what fantastic news that you sold the house!
Hope all goes well, and that you find an enjoyable job. Keep us updated.
And I agree about the NHS!!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:34 am

Cassandra,
Good to hear that everything has worked out so well for you...

I doubt that your experience of living in Spain will have done you any harm, in fact it has probably made you much stronger..
Living abroad isn't for everyone, not just Spain, but if you are lucky it can be a great life.
Everyone's expectations are different, and you will probably be much more content and at ease with your life now.....

I wish you a long and contented life in your new home....

Regards.......Gordon.

samantha
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samantha » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 pm

wow!! congrats on the sale of your house. I bet doggie is more than happy to walking in the lovely english countryside. All the best , wishing you a very happy life in England!!
Please support Pepi´s Dog Refuge
www.pepisdogrefuge.com

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Congratulations I hope you will be very happy in new life. What part of Scotland are you in? Being Scottish just curious.

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Glad it's all worked so well for you - hope you're not getting the pidling rain we're having here in York.

samantha
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samantha » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:15 pm

woops, :oops: sorry i mean´t lovely scottish coutryside, lol !!
Please support Pepi´s Dog Refuge
www.pepisdogrefuge.com

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Congratulations and good luck for the future.

Did you have your house on the market with many agents? Did you use a local agent?

Raquel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Raquel » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm so please for you Cassandra, well done :D

and congratulations on selling your property :shock: there is hope...
could you pm me the name of your agent please?

Thanks xx