Malaga tour bus

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
dido72
Resident

Malaga tour bus

Postby dido72 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 pm

Does anyone know if the bus is wheelchair accessible and if there is any discount for disabled people?

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:11 pm

www.malaga-tour.com/malaga/infomalaga has a contact button for enquiries (site is in English) or call 952 363 133.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Try this link - the other one seems to have expired.
http://www.city-sightseeing.com/index.phtml
You can click on Málaga, then follow the contact button.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks guys much appreciated, I tried the first link before but it didn't work so I have sent a question through the second one. :D

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:54 am

Does anyone know if the bus is wheelchair accessible and if there is any discount for disabled people?
Why should there be a discount ?
It costs the same to transport a disabled person as it does a non-disabled.
Hardworking resident !!

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Because disabled people are often on a lower income (or no income) the same as pensioners and children therefore they should also get the same discounts as pensioners and children.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 pm

There are a lot of non disabled people on low incomes, and here in Spain do not receive any help from the state, who do not receive any concessions on travel or entrance charges.
Why discriminate ?
Hardworking resident !!

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:47 pm

But you wouldn't begrudge disabled people on low or no income getting concessions would you? I know that like with everything the system gets abused in UK, but all such things do.
I think Dido is just doing her homework for her line of business, which is with "for real" disabled people.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:04 pm

I would support pleas for disabled discount (even though they probably cost more to carry than non-disabled because of adaption of entrances, ramps, securing belts for wheelchairs, extra time lost at stops due to loading/unloading etc), but would also wish for a law that allowed anyone seeing a car parked in a properly marked disabled car parking space without a blue badge clearly and properly displayed to let down all four tyres.
I have been known on me seeing an obviously fit driver run to their illegally-parked car to shout "mental disability, is it?" :D

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:48 pm

fincalospinos wrote:There are a lot of non disabled people on low incomes, and here in Spain do not receive any help from the state, who do not receive any concessions on travel or entrance charges.
Why discriminate ?
The same could be said about pensioners, why should they get discounted travel etc especially as most of the pensioners I know receive a much higher income as a couple than we do as a family of 5?. I am on an extremely low income but I don't begrudge pensioners, children and disabled people their concessions.

Most of us aren't in wheelchairs or have any serious disabilities, the people who I look after couldn't afford to have a holiday without financial help. Those people (Brits I presume) on a low income, myself included, have a choice whether they live in Spain and not earn very much or go back to the UK to earn a better wage, my guests don't have a choice whether to be disabled or not!

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm

peter, I so agree with you about disabled parking bays. What kind of people are they that won´t walk 100 yards or less to the entrance? In UK ASDAs now they have a recorded message reminding people as they park what the purpose of these bays is. My best moment for a while was when the police were called by the store and arrested a bloke when he returned to his "ordinary" car. People were hurling insults at him, so clearly you and I are not alone in this. The Spanish here seem much better at reading disabled signage. Sadly, it´s Brits who seem most likely to infringe :(

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:11 pm

It is true that most Spaniards seem not to park in disabled bays - more likely on a blind bend, a pedestrian crossing, or simply alongside any other car! They are also genetically programmed to ignore any "No Entry" signs, and all arrows indicating which way traffic should go in large car parks!
It all comes back to the fact that they forget that they are not on a donkey, but in a car...

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:30 am

I respect disabled bays.

But I tend to use the "parent and child" ones if there aren't any normal bays available

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

I use them if I'm with my mum.
DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:22 pm

I take a couple of old folk shopping etc that have disabled badges. I find the opposite, that people do seem to use the disabled bays when they don't have badges. Also most places, the disabled bays are furthest from the shops, car park exit etc :roll:
Couple of weeks ago took a couple down to Leroy Merlin and no disabled bays, so parked in a Mother & child bay at the same time as a woman with child parked in the one next to me. She went nuts!! I showed her the disabled badge, explained there were no other bays near the shop, she could see I had two elderly people in the car and a wheelchair in the boot. Can't repeat what she called me but it was pretty rude and included my nationality. Hope you don't bump into her Rick.