i wonder?

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
ken2
Resident

i wonder?

Postby ken2 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:17 am

I wonder how was the first to answer on this forum? i am a newbie really, but i think people like Beni and Beachy are their backbone of this forum,why? because they seem to post things that get us all going,then you get people like Cid that comes up with great answers, then you get the girls(they know who they are) that gang up on the blokes,then you get Peachy, that don't care a toss what she says, (bless her) then you get Frog (what?) if it was not for all of these caractors, what sort of forum would we have,so what was it like in the early days???

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: i wonder?

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 am

The big difference in the forum of late is that it is indeed dominated by "newbies" as you call them ,with huge postage rates who similar to yourself have not been on for long.
The poor content of a lot of these posts is only of interest to a few and has in my opinion diluted the boards into a chat room for the lonely.
In amongst that I must admit there is still some valuable info. to be gleaned from the normal posters and sometimes a good topic will appear which gets support from the dissilusioned majority who are recently very quiet.
Funnily enough I don't class Frog man as spoiler, every forum needs a Frog!!! The guys one liners often state a home truth and I've yet to hear him come across as false/pathetic and then nasty like many others.

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

brucexpat
Tourist

Postby brucexpat » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:45 am

"and has in my opinion diluted the boards into a chat room for the lonely"

and still you post :?:
I used to trawl these boards a while ago and didnt bother to join as they seemed to be dominated by the select few.Nowadays there are many more members and its much more enjoyable to browse.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Ken,
Thank you for those kind words.

I personally believe that everyone should have a go at posting , maybe the content of their message may not interest everyone, but that's life, and if someone somewhere finds it useful, then that's ok by me.
I don't care how anyone communicates, ok sometimes it is a little difficult to follow if the spelling is not so good,but I'm not going to find fault with anyone who is prepared to spend their time trying to write any topic.
But I don't think that the Forum should be turned into a 'chat-room', if anyone wishes to chat with another member, can I please suggest that they use the PM facility, or exchange e-mail addresses.

Regards,
Gordon

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costagirl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:54 pm

I dont consider myself a newbie any more !!! I will post and reply to posts as and when I want to and no I am not a sad lonely person either !!

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 am

bloo dy newbs we dont need your comment here,this is a local forum
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:50 am

Thats a big assumption Ken ..... you don't have to be lonely to post on here .... but I wonder if that applies in your case ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:50 am

Rookiekookie wrote:Thats a big assumption Ken ..... you don't have to be lonely to post on here .... but I wonder if that applies in your case ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EXCUSE ME?? where did i say people being loneley, sorry are you answering to the right thread?? i can honestly say i am far from lonely, lol,

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 pm

My apologies Ken :oops: :oops: - Should have typed "DA" :twisted: :twisted:
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Rookiekookie wrote:My apologies Ken :oops: :oops: - Should have typed "DA" :twisted: :twisted:

Ha ha cheers for that, BUT i have missed the forum, so AM i lonely, he he he he NOOOOOO

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costagirl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:15 pm

frog wrote:bloo dy newbs we dont need your comment here,this is a local forum

and you started out on this forum as what ????????? :roll:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:42 pm

costagirl wrote:
frog wrote:bloo dy newbs we dont need your comment here,this is a local forum

and you started out on this forum as what ????????? :roll:
A tadpole, presumably :wink:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Squire
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Squire » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:51 pm

Oh Dear ! Sadly it looks like there are a few 'Oldie' priests trying to keep 'newbies' out of the temple (or at least trying to intimidate them)! Thank goodness there are enough 'oldies' who welcome 'newbies' input. Personally I find this an excellent Forum BECAUSE it gets plenty of 'newbies'- what doesnt grow DIES !!! Of course there will always be a few (very few fortunately) who hold that silly "I was here first - nah nah nah nah!" attitude and feel any 'intruder' needs to be 'put in their place' - hence the 'oh you must be lonely' comments. Those that post most often are usually those with the MOST friends as they prove themselves able to express views wherever it may be and not hide their loneliness in corners sniping at 'newbies' for the sake of their own ego's. There - I think thats all for the moment - thank you 'oldies' (the friendly ones) for maintaining the input and welcoming newbies like me etc.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:05 am

i hate having to explain humour
the league of gentlemen costagirl?
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Jane and Terry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jane and Terry » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Heaven is like Swansea, Tubbs !

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Sometimes, I am sad and lonely.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 pm

I was sad and lonely once, before my penis developed into a weapon of mass seduction of course and my bank account became the envy of my contemporaries :D

But seriously (is that possible anymore on A.com) I don't have a problem with newbies, in fact I welcome them, my son, who is shamefully exploited by me for financial gain was a newbie once, I do however have a problem with idiots who post under multiple names (and I do mean multiple) but who are thick enough to use the same or very similar scripts, newbies you are welcome and I for one encourage new blood but please don't patronise us, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is aware of this ongoing nuisance.
Ah! the full english!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 pm

frog wrote:i hate having to explain humour
the league of gentlemen costagirl?
I'm right there with you frog, I'm thinking of Mark 4.5 "and some seed fell on stony ground"
Ah! the full english!!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Retro P wrote: "and some seed fell on stony ground"
I am beginning to see how you developed your weapon - but watch out for denucias if you are spotted spreading your seed around like that...remember Georg Michael! :wink: :lol:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Very good Peter!
Ah! the full english!!