No one want to move to Andalucia - says it all?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

No one want to move to Andalucia - says it all?

Postby Jool » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:51 pm

No posts in this section since 23 October, my that says it all doesn´t it....

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: No one want to move to Andalucia - says it all?

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 pm

I think the Junta and its political masters in Madrid have done an excellent job of scaring everyone off. Well done Manuel. The fact that your efforts have produced a 36% increase in unemployment across the province of Málaga in the past year can probably be shrugged off as a side effect. You are OK in your ivory tower in Seville so why worry about anyone else.
Let's go Brandon!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 pm

We're moving to Andalucia. Made the decision, have given in my notice at work and will be moving over permanently to what has up to now been out holiday home early next year.

On the downside we were informed today that sometime in the last few days our Casita has been burgled. Nothing much taken, well being a holiday home there wasn't anything of real value or cash lying around to take.

Still looking forward to the move tho'
Regards

Bob

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Well at least the Junta managed to be efficient about something.... Heads should roll........but they won´t of course.....its pretty bad over here in Almeria province too, more beggars outside supermarkets and they look like indigenous spanish, I´ve seen people searching rubbish bins outside supermarkets with young children helping......all very sad and depressing

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Like Bob and Frances, my husband and I are going to make our holiday home our permanent home, probably around May time next year.

Sorry to hear you were burgled, guys. That's always a worry isn't it, although - touch wood - it hasn't happened to us, yet, and like you there isn't anything of value in our house anyway. Still very upsetting though, I'm sure.

I have no idea what the powers-that-be are up to, must do some reading. We will be retiring, so fortunately won't need to find employment, a 36% increase in unemployment is awful!

Bob and Irene (Two Bobs moving to Spain! :D )

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 pm

IreneD wrote: (Two Bobs moving to Spain! :D )
Does that make both of you a florin? :D :D :D :D

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

geo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby geo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Gerry, you just had to get in your two bobs worth
How come there is always to much month left at the end of the money???

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Some would say ( not me of course ) that Gerry is somewhat less than a florin, i.e. not the whole shilling. :)
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:08 am

:lol: You are funny!

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Don't encourage him....he's bad enough already :lol: :lol: (only teasing, we love him really)
Whereabouts in Lincolnshire??? (From an ex-Yellowbelly)....
PS...You two bobs are a tanner short of half a crown then......oooooerrrrr...ouch :lol:
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

elgordo
Tourist

Postby elgordo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:54 am

nobody on a pension can afford to come here anymore but im staying put viva espania
david

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:08 am

Frightening isn´t it! Still nothing we can do about it except tighten the belts a tad more :( I´ll soon have an 18" waist :lol: I could do with losing some weight :D

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi tjtops - we are a few miles North of Grantham, but I'm a Gloucestershire gal really, born in Cheltenham. Moved to this side of the country with my first husband and 3 daughters 30 years ago. (I am 62 now)

Hmm - so Spain wil be where I'll live for the next 30 years or so, going by my past length of stay in places. Wonder where I'll move to when I'm 90 odd :? (Or an odd 90 no doubt! Lol!)

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Well it's certainly a big change after Grantham (have pm'd you!!)...I wish you all the best!! :P
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

elgordo
Tourist

Postby elgordo » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 am

hi there in england i still have a home in morden surrey its only a small centre and its dying thats why im soon moving to spain forever prehaps to gandia at first, then to andalucia, i want the last part of my life to be in andalucia in peace.
david

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 am

if its the last part of your life i assume you are of pensionable age, sort all your pension / benifits / heating allowance even .. before you come over. you cant apply for it once you are here.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 am

you cant apply for it once you are here.
SL your reply is a bit confusing. You seem to suggest that it´s not possible to apply for the UK State Pension once you are here. Not so, you can apply for it from Spain once you reach the relevant age. I agree that you cannot receive WFA once living in Spain unless you were receiving it in the UK beforehand.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Your State pension is the only thing you can apply for once you are in Spain, everything else has to be in place before you leave......I think its the extras you may miss out on that SL was referring to.

Big Col
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Big Col » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi All

There has been a definate change in the amount of folks moving to Andalucia, due to the Euro, and General World economy.
2006/7 we were lucky through the support of folks on this forum to keep 2 vans busy every week through out this time. Very rare for folks wanting belongings sent back to the UK, so normally would go empty to the UK, full on the way back to Spain.

In 2008 I have not been able to work due to being ill, but business has been very good, from March we had a increase of folks moving back to the UK.So Up until the end of this month we have been busy 2 vans going to and thro doing removals to the UK and removals to Spain every week.

This month Euromover has stuggled to get bookings of folks coming to Spain,Definate slow down!!, yet we have a waiting list of folks wanting to take the 995 euro complete house removal back to UK,which we cant do due to the slow down of folks moving to Spain. so we cant offer the back load price.

Folks wanting to move back to the UK are pensionors, and folks where their work has ceased, or problems due to illness. last year a £100 per week pension would give 145 euros, now the same will only return 118 euro (approx figues)

The Estate agents that we deal with have very little new enquiries for propertys, yet their websites report that their are more people looking at Spanish propertys on their web sites than last year, but no enquiries.

Our website removals have a lot of hits from Spain and the UK, the reason I think that the estate agents,ourselves, and other removal companies are not getting enquiries, is due to the whole of the world having a credit crunch.

I have today got details from my daughter Kelly that we have just over 20 familys that will use our services, are desperate as in really desperate to get out the UK, and start a new life in Spain, but they just cant sell their houses in the UK.

I feel for people who are trapped either in the UK or Spain due to the finacial market, but give it by the end of nest year it will all turn arround again. properties more relistily priced will be bought and sold, Andalulciais a much varied region in Spain, beautiful, historic,good value for money and a ever increasing fantastic infactructure. Heath care is second to none!!.

We need to like everyone in the World, pull our socks up, buckle down,and batten down the hatches,
and Smile.There are worse things that can happen.

I for one are happy to even be here, and it will get better houses will be bought and sold and there be more money arround to employ people and stop the redundencies.

For folks who are reading this =and asking what the hell im on about.
Im blaming the drugs!! (prescribed) :lol: :lol:

give your partner a cuddle and tell em you love them

Big Col

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:49 pm

interesting post Big Col,makes a lot of sense to me.
interesting to see that there are still many in the UK wanting to move to andalucia, and if it wasn´t for the fact that the market there is so slow at the moment they would be on their way !