It's snowing

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Jennifer
Resident

Re: It's snowing

Postby Jennifer » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi ken2,
Had some snow this morning up this way, all the surrounding hills have a white covering ,guess its at about 1000-mtr.
No one doing any olive harvesting at the moment. :(

J

El Cercardo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby El Cercardo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:04 am

A friend of mine has said he has 18 inches of snow with 3 foot drifts and it's still snowing away. He is on the tops of the Contraveisas, south of the Sierra Nevadas Image

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:54 am

We have snow here now, about 4"-6", started about tea time and has forgotten to stop. We are just outside Baza in Granada, heading towards Velez Rubio. I will post some pics tomorrow as the camera is in the kitchen and I cannot be bothered to go and get it at this hour.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 am

Just rain here but it was very windy during the night. Looked like a hurricane with the palm trees bending. I really think this winter is colder.

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:49 am

I found ice this morning on the outside tables where it had rained in the night. (It has melted now in the nice sunshine.) We had strong winds and I suspect the wind chill factor caused the ice. I don't remember it being so cold for so long this early in the winter.

We're at a height of 2,000 ft. just east of Malaga.

A couple of years ago we had very cold strong winds and the cover blew off the swimming pool. While we were trying to retrieve it we noticed icicles at the edge of the swimming pool where the water had blown up in the wind!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:50 pm

When we were house hunting (we looked everywhere) we viewed a lovely farmhouse in the Contraveisas and went back to re-view. This time I took my sister with me. She asked the agent about the stain on the ceiling, was it a leaking roof she asked..... no said the agent, it is where the snow sat for a while, the roof doesn´t leak :lol: She had previously told us the roof (flat) was a concrete roof, the 2nd visit the hatch into the roof space was open..... it was a tin roof :shock: Shame, it was a lovely house. Not sure though that I could cope with all the Image It was 1.1 on the patio here first thing this morning. Hope the temperatures improve for the next 2 weeks, we have visitors.
We were spoilt with the very mild winter last year I think.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Sunny!
I've just chatted via facebook with a friend on the over side of the mountain to us, 6 km as the crow flies.
Yesterday they had extremely strong winds, lots of hail storms and maximum temperature of 3º.
Yesterday we had rain, some wind and one hailstorm and maximum of 7º.
Mountains seem to make a huge difference!

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Couple of pics taken last night and one of the car taken this morning. It is starting to melt but I think it might freeze tonight so that should be jolly :shock:

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Brilliant pics Trog :) I guess you won't be having a BBQ today :lol:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:41 pm

nice pictures Trog, thanks, great size of snow flakes, shame about the washing, ha ha

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Certainly wouldn't want to move the car, or is that drop an optical illusion :shock:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Awsome photos, the one with the washing would make a good Xmas card...looks like a Santa suit there :)

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:28 pm

I cannot take the credit for the photos, that was Bro again, mine all come with a statutory finger on the lens :lol:

No not an optical illusion that is a hell of a drop, you certainly make sure you take care getting out of the car on the passenger side.

Washing is a sore point..... :mrgreen: Not my washing, my daughters and her boyfriends. They save all their washing a do it all in one go, so not only do they now have to wait for it to thaw but then dry, I only giggled a lot.

We think we are going to get some more as they sky is looking pretty heavy and it is now starting to freeze. Going to finish a bowl of soup and then head out whilst the going is good, and stock up with a few more supplies, just in case....lol

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Trog, showed Slinky your snow photographs, oh how she laughed !

She is a regular sunbather and our South facing terrace is sheltered from the cool breeze, she will lie out all day !

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Lyric

I bet she laughed, the little tinker.....lol I see she is still a sun worshipper. She used to lie just outside the front door in the early morning catching the first rays of the sun, and would lie in the path of any *beep* of sun coming through a window in the evening.

The snow has pretty much melted on the roads now so moving about is not a problem, it would have been interesting to see what Binky Boo made of the snow. Charlie goes bonkers in the snow, running around with his bum hugging the ground, like a big gangly puppy :lol:

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Troglodyfae wrote:Hi Lyric

...........d lie in the path of any *beep* of sun coming through a window in the evening.
I am totally intrigued! what word has been censored?
:?
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:27 pm

at a guess, shaft or s h @ f t if that gets beeped?
No, not shaft then... :?: :lol: