Minus 2 here this morning

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Minus 2 here this morning

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 am

What is it like with the rest of you? Especially Lavander? I saw on the Andalucian weather that northern Sevilla province is minus 4 are you worse? At least our doggies have 7 thick blankets in their kennel, regularly washed, better than the neighbours doggies, they have a piece of wood to sleep on.:( Image

Jennifer
Resident

Re: Minus 2 here this morning

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 am

Hi,
My Sibs are loving the cold, one even ask to sleep out side the last two nights.
Snow flurries, 0c when we were packing up from doing the olives yesterday evening.

Keep warm...Cut some wood ... then burn it :)

J

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 am

Well, my washing's as rigid as a board on the line... :shock:

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:34 am

Thick frost 7am this morning - car door was iced up :shock:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 pm

I had to have a hot water bottle last night :shock:
Beautiful here on the coast today and its supposed to be getting back to normal. No good to me as we had a call yesterday to say water gushing out of every overflow in our UK house :( flying back tonight to see what we have left :cry:

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Paula, poor you :( It sounds like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire - or perhaps, out of the fridge and into the freezer :roll: I hope everything works out OK. It's slightly warmer here (UK) today, but not a lot. Brrrrrrrrrrr Image
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:30 pm

The car thermometer went down to -7 briefly in Campillos at 8am this morning :cry:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:56 pm

good job it was only briefly !! what are you doing out at 8am in -7 degrees? stay at home in front of the fire, or stay in bed till it gets warmer !

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 pm

west of granada at the moment we have a covering of snow and it's coming down heavier now..

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:49 pm

I think we had some ice last night but by the time I got up {somewhat latish!!!!] my winscreen was wet but the screen wash was frozen. Some of the plants in the garden have been hit by frost as they are all droopy!
This afternoon 20 and put in a lot of gardening.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi,
North of Granada, had a high of 6c, now its 2c and snowing.

Huskys loving it and playing out in the yard.

J

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Olive, it's EXTREMELY cold here but we are in a long valley and we don't get snow (historically, but there's always a first time). The mountains around us have had snow and more is forecast. The Gredos, two hours north of here are COVERED in thick snow and a friend reports that the village in the Sierra de Gata, where we have a weekend house, is 'cut off'. Strangely, but normally for Extremadura, the lunchtime temperature today was warm enough to be in a thin jumper. As soon as the sun goes it, the temperature plummets. We can have a difference of 25ºC in a twelve hour day. Weird or what?

We have to go to Seville on Tuesday to pick up a friend from the airport. We're NOT looking forward to that drive over the high country at Monestario. It was covered in snow three years ago, the same day the Guardia Civil closed the San Pedro-Ronda road HALFWAY up the road. I had a row with them and told them to put an information board at the bottom of the road in future to save people driving halfway up just to be turned back. They just smiled!!! Meanwhile I had another 9 hours of driving ahead of me to get from Coin to here, via Malaga, as I couldn't get over the Sierra de Ronda. Great!

pentaqua-new
Resident

Postby pentaqua-new » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Up from Loja, it's been -C every morning for a week and now we have 6" (yes 6") of snow. We're going to put in for a "cold weather payment" from Uncle Gordon. Some hope.

At least it was a beautiful 'am' today and I managed to get 3 tonnes of huesos (olive pip)s for the central heating, into our bunker. Olive co-operative refinery man says it's going to be a poor year - more misery for the Spanish!

Zofia
Resident

Postby Zofia » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 pm

I had to leave my car at the bottom of the track cos it wouldn't go up, it was snowing very heavily, still is. The A92 is closed, and my friend has had to check into the Manzanil for the night. At least I got home. We also had a power cut for an hour, but it's back now. No satellite TV though.....

It looks stunning and I can't wait to go snowman building with my boys tomorrow!
Finally really and properly living in Andalucia.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm

I got up at just after 7am this morning- decided it was too cold to venture outside and went back to bed at 9am :oops: Slept till 12 mid-day :oops:
Got the electric blanket switched on as I type, so a nice warm toasty bed :D
Roll on spring :lol:

Hope you can get home/to the airport on on Tuesday Lavanda.
When we house hunted in the Contravesia (?) hills we saw a lovely farmhouse, a two story one, we went back for a 2nd viewing. I went with my sister for the 2nd viewing and that time she noticed a big damp patch upstairs, asked the agent if the roof leaked.......... oh no said the agent, it was just whee the snow lay for a long while, the roof doesn´t leak............ so why was there a BIG WET STAIN on the ceiling if the roof didn´t leak then!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:56 pm

Madrid airport was shut for 5 hours yesterday because of the snow ! :roll:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Jane and Terry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jane and Terry » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:49 am

I went past La Alcazaba on my way to Roquetas yesterday. I nearly came door knocking to introduce myself. but the daughter wouldn't hear of it. She'll think you are mad she said !

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:01 am

I wouldn't of thought you were mad, its nice sometimes to put put a face to a name, the majority of people on this forum live in the Malaga area.

Next time your passing let me know, your always welcome to a brew :D
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:36 am

Pretty cold here in Pulpite (Baza, Granada area) Had a lot of snow yesterday and into the evening, I would say at least a foot. Power went out during the night but is back on now. Sun was out briefly this morning but I think it was just a guest appearance....lol. Looking as though there is more to come judging by the sky :(

Jane and Terry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jane and Terry » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks Julie. I will do that.It's really cold here and the roads are like glass.Also, mobile has gone onto limited service. Wonder if that is weather related ?