What will the Assessorias/Gestors do now?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

What will the Assessorias/Gestors do now?

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:36 am

For the past 7 years we've paid our legal lady circa 150 Euros per year to look after our "affairs" in Spain.
Her main task was the preperation and submission of our wealth tax obligations. Some may say "do it yourself" and save the fees but to be honest paying the 150 euros enabled us to go in there with any problems we had whilst over there and she'd sort it because we were a customer.............often if not always without charge, we'd always be running around on the last day of a stay for a present for her in thanks for her assistance on sometimes very awkward matters.

Anyway what happens now the wealth tax has been abolished.........is that it?, is there nothing we need her for now and will she not be billing us this year?, I've mixed feelings if that's the case in a weird sort of way.

Haven't spoken to her yet but wondered what you chaps think of this new change and how will it affect people on both sides of the fence.

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Re: What will the Assessorias/Gestors do now?

Postby Paula » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 am

Presumably she will still do your tax return for you, although that would certainly in your circumstances be easy enough to do yourself.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Since wealth tax and income tax (imputed) are usually submitted on the same form (214), she'll still be doing much the same, just one less calculation to do. I would suggest therefore that for the very good reasons that you gave, you continue to pay €150 a year and buy her a little gift, because you never know when you may need them for something more complicated. Sort of insurance, if you like.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 pm

I can't really see the likelihood of any reduction in fees as it is virtually the same amount of work involved to fill in the forms for the notional income tax, finding out the valor catastral, queuing up in the bank to pay etc.
Let's go Brandon!

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Beryl1914 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 pm

When was it abolished as I have just the wealth Tax for December 2008. The solicitor emailed me to say it was due

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 pm

It has been abolished from the 1st January 2008. Tax returns submitted in 2008 are for the fiscal year of 2007 so it will be returns made this year for the fiscal year of 2008 that will be the first not to include wealth tax and will be solely for notional income tax.
Let's go Brandon!