NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Postby bobdun » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks again I will try when over in May.
Bob

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks Beachcomber very much. Looking at the 030 it seems that even if we normally make separate tax returns (joint owners of both properties) we can make a joint declaration of new communications address and applications for etiquettas on the one form .....or am I reading it incorrectly?
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Yes, if you fill in section 3. However, make it clear what you want to do and be guided by what the clerk tells you.
Let's go Brandon!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Much obliged.
Brian.

cannylass
Tourist

Postby cannylass » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Does the communication address need to be in Spain?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Yes, it needs to be the address of the property. There is now a facility for giving an alternative address in Spain for notifications but this doesn't always work.
Let's go Brandon!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:21 pm

In our case the current communication address is in Marbella and this is what we need to change to our P.O. Box in our village. We will also need some etiquettas. I believe the parts we need to complete are
1:105 1:106 1:113 1:114, 2, 3, 4, 6:2, & 9. Not sure if we need to complete 5? Could you confirm please Beachcomber?
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:32 pm

The domiclio fiscal will need to be the actual address of the property. You can use the Apartado de Correos as a notification address which is entered in section 6. You should also be able to use an alternative address as a domicile fiscal as in the case when your labels bear a gestor's business address but they sometimes will not allow this for individuals, i.e. in the case of giving a friend's address.

The instructions actually say that you can give your foreign address as your domicilio fiscal but I am not sure whether, in fact, they will accept this either.

I would fill in the forms as far as you can then, as I said before, be guided by what the clerk tells you.

These forms are far more comprehensive than the old 030s so they are probably still finding their feet with them.
Let's go Brandon!

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Re the mod 210 tax form one final (hopefully) question I have seen on another site that the box Codigo extranjero is for your UK National Insurance number is it required that this completed to pay the none residents tax.
Thanks
Bob

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:49 pm

The instructions say:

Si el contribuyente dispone de un número o código de identificación fiscal
atribuido en su país de residencia, se consignará en la casilla de código extranjero

UK taxpayers do not have a fiscal identification number as such and if it was for the National Insurance number it would refer to 'seguridad social'. Just put in your passport number.
Let's go Brandon!

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks again Beachcomber

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Beachcomber wrote:

UK taxpayers do not have a fiscal identification number as such and if it was for the National Insurance number it would refer to 'seguridad social'. Just put in your passport number.
Your NI number in the UK is your fiscal ID number - that's what they put on all correspondence with the UK tax people - it is also on every payslip.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:40 pm

I think I got the information about putting the passport number from the AEAT helpline several years ago. They have certainly never queried it with any of the non-residents who use it as their 'código extranjero'.

What they are asking for is the equivalent of a NIF number if available. In Spain you obviously wouldn't enter your 'Afiliación/Número de Seguridad Social' as your fiscal identification number.
Let's go Brandon!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Yes, but you have to remember that the ONLY number that EVERYONE has in the UK is their NI number - from birth to death! It is the nearest equivalent to an NIE/NIF

Sid

clr808
Tourist

Postby clr808 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks to the helpful advice of Beachcomber I have made payment of the downloaded forms through my bank. They seemed confused what to do with the forms & ended up by stamping all copies & retaining the top copy with my ID labels, but returning all the other copies to me.

I presume that one copy should have been sent to the tax authorities, but can you advise where this should go. I live in Cordoba Province. Many thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:35 pm

They only have to look at the bottom right hand side of the form to see what to do. The two top copies have to be sent to AEAT by the bank and they retain the yellow copy for their own purposes.

You should have both blue copies of each form and as long as these are either stamped or show a computer validation this is sufficient proof that you have paid.

The main problem that some people find is that the bank's computer system says that the payment is not within the time limit for submission of the form. In this case refer them to 'Orden EHA/3788/2008 de 29 de diciembre'

This is easily accessible via Google and can be found here:

http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2008/12/30/p ... -52416.pdf

If you are really concerned that the payment of your taxes is not going to be recorded I would suggest that you look up you local office from here:

http://www.aeat.es/wps/portal/Detalle_d ... nu=1&img=8

and take your copies of the form to them and explain the circumstances. The banks get well paid by AEAT for carrying out this service and they should make sure they know what to do.

I just realised that you used forms downloaded from the AEAT web site in which case they will all be the same colour but the method of distribution is the same.

If you still have the copies marked ''Ejemplar para la Administracíon' you should either take them back to the bank and tell them that they must be sent to the tax office or take them yourself to one of the offices shown in the link. The bank should have also kept the copy marked 'Ejemplar para la entidad colaboradora'.
Let's go Brandon!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:09 am

rafiki wrote:Thanks Beachcomber very much. Looking at the 030 it seems that even if we normally make separate tax returns (joint owners of both properties) we can make a joint declaration of new communications address and applications for etiquettas on the one form .....or am I reading it incorrectly?
Well that was painless. We took the bus into Sevilla once I found that our tax office was just opposite the Plaza de Aramas bus station. Arrived at just after 9am. We had pre-filled and signed form 030 and had filled in the boxes with our personal details and the new address for communications, the latter being the main purpose of the exercise. I had ticked the boxes at the beginning of the form that showed we wanted to advise our new communications address, that we both wanted some more etiquettas plus we wanted them alter their records to show my wife's correct name. we went to the 'Censo' desk which was empty and the clerk was not unhelpful. He found our records on his screen, made some changes then walked over to a colleague. my heart sank. I knew I shouldn't have complicated matters by correcting the OH's name I thought! But no, he came back and just told me to take a seat, his colleague was printing the etiquettas. We were out of there in 20 minutes!

As a matter of interest when filling in the Acrobat pdf form 030 the box did not appear to allow enough characters. Our NIEs begin X, of course, then have a zero in front of several numbers and a suffix letter. To make the form work I dropped the X and then there was a fit. So the NIE/tax ref. was shown as beginning 0. The clerk corrected that, overwriting the 0 with the X again. When the etiquettas were printed the tax ref. began with X but the leading zero had been dropped. Hope this little nugget might save people some time when trying to decide what their actual ref. number is.
Brian.

jemol
Tourist

Postby jemol » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi

I am also trying to fill out the form 210. I have managed to fill in one of two forms thanks to the earlier posts but am still having difficulty with the 2nd page ie the documento de ingreso o devolucion form. Can anyone tell me which sections to fill in? I am a non-resident house owner, so am only paying notional rent tax.

1. Under the first section - Prsentador: do I fill in my Spanish or Irish address?
2. What does cuota differencial mean and what do I fill in here?
3. Ingreso - what if any boxes do I fill in here?
4. Devolucion - what if any boxes do I fill in here?

I am hoping to do an online return but havn't got that far yet.

Many thanks,
Jemol

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 pm

1.- This question has never been satisfactorily answered by the people on the AEAT helpline. The general consensus is that you should put the address that appears on your self-adhesive tax labels and would be the same as 'Contribuyente' unless you have provided an alternative address as your fiscal domicile.

2.- 'Cuota diferencial' is the amount that you have calculated that you have to pay and is the same figure as the 'cuota diferencial' (box 21) on the first page.

3.- Under 'Ingreso' enter the amount payable in the box 'Importe' and tick either 'En efectivo' if you are going to pay in cash or 'E.C. adeudo en cuenta' if it is going to be paid directly from your bank account in which case fill in your bank account number in the box provided.

4.- 'Devolución'. Leave blank. You only fill this in if you are reclaiming tax which does not apply to non-resident incomer tax payers.
Let's go Brandon!

jemol
Tourist

Postby jemol » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Many thanks for all your help.
My next challange is to do these tax returns all online - wish me luck!

Jemol