Coffee culture in Spain.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
scotty
Resident

Re: Coffee culture in Spain.

Postby scotty » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:07 am

frog wrote:
frog wrote:

i hated the stupid snobs,might have spat in a few too

***What a balanced and repulsive post. Please desist from posting in this thread Frog if this is your level of post.***

what you do not understand is the annoying thing that ex-pats do as soon as they get off the plane,suddenly they turn into spanish wannabees by asking for and i quote 'dos cafe con leche grandey'
At least they are making an "effort" unlike other tourists. i refuse to get into a slagging match with you. i have seen your post whoring and banning on another site and really dislike it. please stay on topic about coffee shops.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:57 pm

scotty as a "newbie" go into user control panel,(top left of this page)click on friends and foes~ top right,and stick frogs name in there in the foes section if you dont want to read his vile postings,this will blank him completely out of your A.com experience. :D

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:51 pm

So Frog is responsible for the drink driving epidemic.......secret brandies in the coffee!! :roll: :roll: :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 pm

yeah...lets blame frog for everything..he has thick skin..even if it is green and warty.. 8)

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 am

yeh i agree,blame me

was simply making the point that if idiot ex-pats came into my english bar,it makes sence to speak english,they just do there spanish bit to show off to their friends,anyway,i guess you may not see this scotty

shame,he will miss all the fun,as for any other forums i may or may not be on,i am the same,i dont need alts like some here

must say,not seen 'whoring and banning',seems i have a wannabe frog,or as i say tadpole

anyway as ordered,back on topic,went for a meal in los boliches last year and after went for a coffee in the bar that used to be under the yaramar,on the end,my dads wife and mrs frog ordered a irish coffee,took 20 mins to get,mrs frog looked,saw what they were doing,when it arrived it was in a pint guinness glass,they had put 5 cafe solo/espressos in it,only cost 5 euros too i think

never get that again,a pint of irish coffee,was a spanish bar too,now for rent at only 6k a month
jayne countys most famous song,google it

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:57 pm

frog wrote:when it arrived it was in a pint guinness glass,they had put 5 cafe solo/espressos in it,only cost 5 euros too i think

never get that again,a pint of irish coffee,was a spanish bar too,now for rent at only 6k a month

***** great :D :lol: would of been better at a euro tho :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:36 am

sl i cant belive you want to pay a euro or hope to for a pint of irish coffee,or do you want to rent the bar for 1 e

mind i would

personally think it was daft,wife and step mum had trouble sleeping,i dont drink coffee anymore,drives me nuts,but i only ever drank solos
jayne countys most famous song,google it

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

spanish_lad wrote:i guess it is about 3 or 4 times the size of a spanish coffee tho?

I had an expresso at Glasgow airport- 2 mouthfulls of coffee (in a LARGE paper cup :x ) and it cost me 3 pounds!!

Frog said : ´wife and step mum had trouble sleeping´- the other evening I went shopping with the neighbour, we stopped for coffee and I had a really nice solo. I normally have decaff- but thought ´to hell with it´ it was so nice I had another- and another- after 3 coffees I felt great :D Until about 2 hours later- I felt dreadful and I couldn´t sleep that night either :lol: My neighbour was horrified I was having so many coffees- he did say I would be ill- he was right!! :lol:
One of the bars here gives you little cinnamon biscuits with your coffee in the afternoons, never in the morning though- the biscuits are lovely- I must ask where he gets them.