wacky way to sell your house

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

wacky way to sell your house

Postby Lavanda » Mon May 11, 2009 3:30 pm

This seems to be a rather wacky way to sell your house - but it's banned in some countries.

http://www.hausverlosungmallorca.com/en/home

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: wacky way to sell your house

Postby Jool » Mon May 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Wow, brilliant, imagine winning the house for just 99 euros.....but would it be taxed for spanish residents...???

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Mon May 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Are you sure they're selling a house? Not just collecting €99 from everyone who clicks the "buy a ticket".
Even if the house did actually exist - and they're offering no proof, only a few pictures on a website, there's nothing to say that the website creators actually own the house - or that the lottery winners don't mysteriously turn out to be their spouses, or kids, or themselves going by another name.
Although it would be nice to think this was for real, just like it would be nice to think there really was someone in Nigeria who wanted to give me $2 million, it's better to treat this as just another grubby little internet scam meant to separate the credulous from their money.

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

this has been tried in the uk and in mainland spain none of the raffles have ever got to finish as deemed as illegal and in the uk you need a lottery license if I remember rightly.
If you look on google you will see all the other ones.
It seems the perfect way to sell your house and would help the current situation. :)

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 11, 2009 5:42 pm

€99 is a lot for some people. Maybe I'll try this and sell a mere 250,000 tickets at €1 each, or 500,000 at 50 cents.
Dave

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon May 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Perhaps that's why some countries, such as Germany, ban this type of house-selling. I don't know if this is 'real' or not. It wasn't sent to me or 'circulated'. However, I do remember this happening before. The properties were sold with money going into a certified bank-held escrow account and it being overseen by legal people.

It just seems a good way for someone to SELL their house - I'm not suggesting we all send in 99 euros ... although it's only 99 euros and tempting ...

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Mon May 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Here is one in UK - to be entered into the 'lottery' you have to complete a game of sudoku. Maybe that gets around some of the rules??
www.winashorehambeachhouse.com

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue May 12, 2009 7:41 am

Good post, Laslomas, ... a lottery or raffle has different rules to a competition. If you set up a competition where someone wins something by showing a skill and winning a competition then that is not a lottery or gambling.

Those of you with a house to sell that's not selling ... get thinking ... :D :D :D

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Tue May 12, 2009 9:03 am

This is all old news and we looked into it over a year ago. I know of at least 4 in the uk who tried it and failed due to the law. and recently a developer in barcelona tried to do similar to get rid of apts he had built. You had to buy a small cheap heater from him and you would be entered into a draw he also failed. There have also been some scammers doing it who did a runner with the money. :shock:

Your advertising would be high and the best way would be to get in local and national press and on tv
as all the previous people who have tried it. you can read their stories on google.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue May 12, 2009 10:35 am

"This is all old news" wrote Lucy Locket ... sorry everyone. That's me. Last with the latest. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue May 12, 2009 10:47 am

Lavanda, no apology needed for me, your humble and literate presentation of information is a joy to read......and it seems as though the particular lottery you referred to has covered all legal bases. We can easily check it after the 26 May as all the catastral ref etc is listed on the website.........It will be very interesting to see if they do pull it off as it would be a great way to re-generate the spanish property market, especially amongst the spanish who are great gamblers on the lottery.....and amongst poor brits who could then afford to rent out cheaply and bring back UK tourists....I can see how it could be a win-win all round...... :lol: :lol: well I can dream.

I´ve spent too much time with Julian and gone all positive energy.... :lol:

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Tue May 12, 2009 10:53 am

Don't forget that this "seller" is also planning to make a whacking great profit from this house. Just look at the terms they're offering.
Each ticket costs €99 and they're selling 15,999 of them. That means they'll take in 99 * 15999 =
€1.58 MILLION. All that money for a house that last year was worth €1.17 million. Obviously it's worth a great deal less than that - as otherwise it would've sold already.
So even if the house exists.
Even if the lottery holders own it.
Even if they don't steal all the money.
Even if it isn't "won" by a family member.
Even if the lottery isn't delayed (they don't say which year they'll hold the draw - only the month/day)
Then they'll still walk away with over €400K of excess profit from selling this house - Even if it's worth what they claim.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Well if they are innovative enough to pull it off good luck to them, the new owner also benefits........by a lot more than they are making!

There is another one too so it must be catching...this time with a car and boat as well as other prizes

www.casa-rifa.es

This seems to be monitored or connected to RACC so maybe legality issues are resolved?

lucy locket
Resident

Postby lucy locket » Tue May 12, 2009 12:47 pm

:shock: :shock:

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue May 12, 2009 1:36 pm

pete_l wrote: Don't forget that this "seller" is also planning to make a whacking great profit from this house. Just look at the terms they're offering.
Then they'll still walk away with over €400K of excess profit from selling this house - Even if it's worth what they claim.

Well it looks like they dont because the money also includes 12% taxes payable in Austria, 18% Spain and the 7% transfer tax and all legal costs in Spain.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue May 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Jool wrote:

http://www.casa-rifa.es

This seems to be monitored or connected to RACC so maybe legality issues are resolved?

I cannot see any reference whatsoever to this being monitored or connected to the RACC
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue May 12, 2009 1:42 pm

Here's a novel idea. Have a moratorium for a year on all taxes for buying or selling a property in Spain.
If Zapatero is trying to get the market going again - surely this would help.
Dave

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Sorry, its this
Aviso Legal & Copyright: C.A.C. Classic Automobil Club

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm

The moratorium is a good idea but they won´t even reduce purchase tax from the ridiculously high 7%, imagine 7% stamp duty in the UK, we´d all be as creative as the spanish in finding evasion routes.....

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue May 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Jool wrote:Sorry, its this
Aviso Legal & Copyright: C.A.C. Classic Automobil Club

Nope, still not sure that C.A.C and RACC are anything to do with each other.

There is no reference to RACC on the C.A.C. website as far as I can see.