play perfect

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

play perfect

Postby Lavanda » Thu May 14, 2009 7:28 am

For those of you interested, the Spanish evening class group finally had their 'big night' last Saturday. We had only had a few rehearsals and never one with the entire cast together in the same place at the same time, no dress rehearsal and a few of us were still learning lines as we took to the stage. :shock: It was amazing. It was surprisingly good. We improvised sufficiently so that if someone forgot a line or said a bit out of sequence we kept the sense of the play but just reorganised the lines. :lol: :lol: :lol: It helped that the play was essentially a Spanish 'Panto' story and the audience knew what to expect. They cheered and applauded so generously at the end. They love us 'getting involved' and, in the end, we loved it too. As for next year ... I think our teacher has something longer than 20 minutes in mind ... I might be on holiday then ...

Chrissie
Resident

Re: play perfect

Postby Chrissie » Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 am

Congatulations Lavanda! Perhaps you should be auditioning for the latest tele-novela. Personally I'd go for any part in ANYTHING that included Javier Bardem :lol:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

K chameleon
Resident

Re: play perfect

Postby K chameleon » Thu May 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Glad it went well for you. :D

Chrissie, I'm going to have to look up Javier Bardem now :roll: