Hot Hot Hot!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hot Hot Hot!

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 pm

I left my car in the sun today and the clock in the car recorded 41oc in Nerja!!!!

How hot has it been for you?

kexon
Resident

Re: Hot Hot Hot!

Postby kexon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 pm

I understand thats very hot for the coast,but where we live is pretty normal for July/August,regularly 41/42c,so we shall be pleased when it starts to cool down again!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

I guess that in a closed car..in direct sunlight, in august 41 is not that unusual..even on the coast

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:36 pm

It's probably hotter in a greenhouse so I can't see what the temperature recorded in a stationery car has got to do with reality - unless you are a dog left in the car!

So far, August is cooler than July.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:55 pm

El Cid wrote: So far, August is cooler than July.

Sid
Most definately, the nights are much cooler. Even had to pull the (summer) duvet up to my ears a couple of times in the last week :oops: . The current temperature in the house is about 27 but was over 30 most of July, so it is feeling much more comfortable now. We have always thought that June and July were the hottest months here, and in August we often have cooler breezes and more cloud and even a few spots of rain if we're lucky.

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm

I have to agree, I think it is much cooler and it's lovely, we have had 2 storms here this week and it has certainly cooled things down as well as giving everything a good clean. I always think August is cooler than July..

HKM

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi HKM,
Not quite the storm we had then, village cut off with mud and rocks, although they have "cleaned" it up still loads of mud and stones on the roads. Yet 2km up the road didn't even get any rain.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 pm

It's flippin lovely 8) not used the aircon this year, got fans but that's all, even getting a bit chilly when we are out late at night. Was down on the coast the other night and although a few degrees cooler than Antequera it was so humid i was melting :(

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

August the same as July temp wise in this area, still a few days to go.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 am

I left my car in the sun. Now the temperature gauge and air con have packed up!
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:20 am

When I was waiting for the airport bus at Seville railway station on Wed at 5pm, it must have been all of 40, but then Seville is always hot.

anyroads

diverdan
Tourist

Postby diverdan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 am

In July on the day of the fires in Mojacar my wife and I drove up to Murcia to IKEA. The temperature recorded on the car there was 54c and when we opened the car door and walked out there was a 28 mile an hour wind blowing. It was like walking in a fan oven. No wonder many fires were started that day.........

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:43 pm

This last week has been incredibly humid during the day. Perhaps it's because the nights have been cooler - we've had heavy condensation on the car some mornings. I am damp all over ..... mmmmm ..... perhaps too much information there :shock: :oops: (no it's not just 'my age' - OH is suffering too). Just walking around the pueblo this morning has finished me off and I had to come home and jump in the pool to cool off. It's pretty yukky really :lol:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Yes, August is always more humid than July or June.

The temperatures in August so far are just lower than July but it is the hottest August for about 6 years - almost exactly equal to last year.

The reason it is more humid is that the sea temperature is still rising so more water evaporates causing thunderstorms and high humidity.

Sid

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:03 pm

WOW dont recognise any of the views of last 2 replys, its hotter in this area this month compared with July.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi there, spoke to an elderly gent in Gib today, he said it was so humid that all the ladies were trying to adjust their damp skirts when they stood up and as he put it "trying to separate their damp knickers from them!"

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:40 pm

patchdog wrote:WOW dont recognise any of the views of last 2 replys, its hotter in this area this month compared with July.
Not according to the official weather records. In Cordoba it has been very slightly cooler in August with slightly higher humidity.

A very slight increase in humidity with lower wind speeds can make an amazing difference to the perceived temperature.

Sid

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:00 pm

50% humidity in Sabinillas coastal area, according to a neighbour who has a hygrometer.
Any more and it'd be raining!

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Naw stuff the stats, ive asked about and everyone says its alot hotter in this town in August than it was in July. It is, too, no doudt it is hotter here than in July. The percieved heat has got nothing to do with it, its hotter fact.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Here in Benamargosa it feels just as hot as July, but the thermometer tells the tale. It is not as hot. Close, but not as hot. It is the perceived temp that is higher.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!