Safely selling/buying and transferring a vehicle

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
blondie
Resident

Safely selling/buying and transferring a vehicle

Postby blondie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi all

looking to hopefully upgrade to a bigger motorbike soon, and will be also selling my smaller one.

I was wondering if doing the transfer yourself, apart from saving money, is easy or difficult and time consuming?

How is it done, and what paperwork is needed before I can drive the bike I will have purchased?
Thanks in advance

scotty
Resident

Re: Safely selling/buying and transferring a vehicle

Postby scotty » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Off topic........ what are you going to get ? If I had a garage then i would get a bike for spain. I could go into san pedro for coffee with you :thumbup:

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 am

I will be interested in this as most likely will have a big bike to sell in the coming months. It is not in my name ( deceasead husbands ) and I will have to find out how to go about it.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:15 am

Well I have been looking into what I can get for the new A2 license which is restricted to 47BHP - I can get bigger bikes but must have them restricted.

For what I have been looking at so far and can afford(more importantly) it would be something like a cdb600 honda or yamaha tdm900 - need something for luggage and travelling with fairing to stop that pesky wind!

Does anyone have any ideas of how it is done?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi blondie,
I recently sold a car..........went to a Gestor that specializes in vehicle transfers with the guy who was buying the car.
Needed the car to be road legal, plus the vehicle documents and both parties with current personal ID papers.
My buyer paid for the transfer .
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

The thing is that the transfer is so expensive out here -a con if you ask me - and was wondering how difficult and time consuming it is to do yourself.

The Gestor will probably end up being the choice but I would rather know so that I have the choice.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Are you looking for a right hand or left hand drive bike.

Sorry couldn't resist :lol: :lol: :lol:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:52 pm

ask the gestoria for a breakdown of the costs of the transfer, I think you´ll find that their fee is only a small part, so maybe not worth doing yourself.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Well to give you an example - it cost me 200 euros to transfer a 900 euro bike - granted the seller told me it cost that much and he was sorting out the notary so maybe he had me over a bit too....

But if they are the costs - what would it be on a 4000 euros bike! :shock:

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm

1. Permiso de circulación del vehículo (original y fotocopia)

2. Ficha técnica de la ITV (original y fotocopia)

3. Justificante de pago del impuesto municipal de circulación de vehículos a motor (original y fotocopia)

4. Contrato de compra-venta del vehículo, donde debe figurar el nombre y DNI del comprador y del vendedor, así como los datos del vehículo (marca, modelo, matrícula y número de bastidor), y el precio del vehículo. Ahora después hago incapié en una cosa importante respecto al contrato.

5. Fotocopia compulsada del DNI del vendedor del vehículo, así no será necesaria su presencia en los trámites. Si el comprador tampoco realiza los trámites será necesaria también la fotocopia compulsada de su DNI.

6. Impreso de solicitud de cambio de nombre del vehículo (facilitado por tráfico). Es recomendable haberlo adquirido en tráfico (es gratis y se pide en información) para ir a ver al vendedor y que firme y que quede todo firmado para no tener que volver de nuevo.

Respecto al contrato: Es recomendable firmar un contrato por triplicado, una copia para el vendedor, otra para el comprador y otra para tráfico en la que el precio no será el real, sino uno muy inferior, ya que existen unas tablas de valoración de vehículos usados, y si el precio de venta es mayor que el de esas tablas, se cobra un importe proporcional al precio. Si se pone un precio irrisorio, se cobrará el importe mínimo sobre la transferencia

El vendedor debe firmar únicamente en 2 papeles, el contrato de compraventa (y sus copias claro) y en la solicitud de cambio de nombre de tráfico.

Bueno, una vez que tenemos todo preparado, procedemos a hacer los trámites:

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR BLONDIE

Motor Vehicle Transfer. Do it yourself. Total cost 40 euros plus used vehicle transfer tax plus two bus fares to Malaga. Time used - two mornings, with any luck.

(From You and the Law in Spain, pp 143-144.)

You need:

1. Transfer application form which you can obtain at the Trafico office, filled in and signed by the seller and buyer.

2. Circulation permit of vehicle, which lists owners on the back, including seller's signature.

3. Paid-up municipal vehicle tax receipt, with photocopy

4. Receipt for payment of the vehicle transfer tax, charged at 4 per cent on the sale of second-hand vehicles. This tax is paid to the Tax Agency on Form 620.

5. Current ITV report and photocopy. This is the Inspeccion Tecnica de Vehiculos, the vehicle inspection certificate.

6. Residence card and photocopy of buyer and seller.

7. Payment of 40-euro fee, at Trafico.

8. A stamped and self-addressed envelope for Trafico to send you the finished documents.

You do not need a sales contract at all. Properly you and the buyer or seller go together to Trafico and see that the deal is completed.

You do need to either make another trip to Malaga to pay the transfer tax at Hacienda, next to Corte Ingles, or maybe you can do it all in one morning.

Or you can pay a Gestoria a fee which should never be over 100 euros to handle it for you.

Good luck with it, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 pm

ValL wrote:I will be interested in this as most likely will have a big bike to sell in the coming months. It is not in my name ( deceasead husbands ) and I will have to find out how to go about it.
What bike is it? My husband is looking for one.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm

my gestoria charges 60 € to do it. easier than going to malaga.

my transfer for my 800 euro megane was 187 € - 127 € "tax" and 60€ fees.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm

That´s nearly 20% of the price, thats a joke!