Girlfriend Wanted

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
rubia
Tourist

Girlfriend Wanted

Postby rubia » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello everyone
I am a very handsome British Bulldog looking for a girlfriend. I am 2 and a half years old and people are always stopping us in the street to tell my parents how gorgeous I am :lol:
I have a very good build for a bulldog and I am lovely natured, kind and gentle too. (Photo's available).
I am still a virgin but as I keep trying to mount girlies on my walkies my mum says it's about time I became "a man" :eh:
If you know of a female bulldog who could maybe be my girlfriend please contact us by pm.
My mum does have previous experience of breeding bulldogs, and she says she won't allow me to "do it" in June or July as it would be too hot for any potential girlfriend to carry my babies in the summer months.
Thank you to everyone for reading this (my mum posted it on my behalf!) I do hope there is someone out there to help x

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Girlfriend Wanted

Postby Miro » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Oh dear God. As someone said in response to your pathetic plea on another forum, be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Get him done, and stop being ridiculous. :thumbdown:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:23 am

I can second that comment!Go visit some of the animal shelters,their are enough abandoned,ill-treated,unwanted animals here without adding to the list!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Now im really sorry,but im putting my two pennys worth in.
Go visit some of the animal shelters,their are enough abandoned,ill-treated,unwanted animals here without adding to the list!

You are both presuming these "puppies" if they are born will be abandoned,ill treated and unwanted????

How can you comment about situations which you know nothing about. :thumbdown:

Now if you could find me an Unwanted Bulldog that needed re homing,i would be there asap to bring it home. :thumbup:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 pm

Missing the point entirely, nobody is "presuming" the puppies will be abandoned or mistreated, although there is always that possibility - rather that there are so many abandoned and mistreated dogs already desperately needing homes, so why for heaven's sake produce more dogs, thereby decreasing the chances of any of these finding loving homes? And why, if you are willing and able to give a dog a home, does it have to be a Bulldog? What's wrong with other breeds? What's wrong with you?

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 pm

do you have children Miro?

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Be sensible, Julian.

rubia
Tourist

Postby rubia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm

I have also posted this on the "other forum" mentioned ...
Well well well - what a controversial thread I have started!

First of all, I am a very responsible owner and I have had British Bulldogs for the past 20 years, both in the UK and here in Spain. If you look after your dog properly and responsibly there is no reason why they shouldn't be in Spain - Winston Churchill took his everywhere and that didn't suffer .

I know there are dogs full of pounds - I don't need to be told this, and in fact I do give a percentage of my earnings to charities for animals. The pounds are full of dogs due to irresponsible owners, as has already been mentioned, but that doesn't mean all dogs should be neutured! :thumbdown:

I have taken advice from my vet - who btw is an excellent vet and trained in UK - and he thinks my dog is one of the best, if not the best, bully he has ever seen! He has absolutely no objections to me finding a girfriend for him and we have in fact discussed this in the past. I have never met an owner of a British Bulldog who does not treat them responsibly, although I will not rule out the probability that there are some.

At the end of the day, it is down to choice and I prefer Bulldogs, and I know I'm not the only one.

I will not reply to this thread again - I have noted people's opinions (which is not why I started the thread), and I have discussed this many times at length in the past with people who are actually qualified to do so, so I'm really not going to spend my time arguing the rights and wrongs of dog breeding. People's opinions differ. It's not as though I'm setting up a puppy farm!

Enjoy the Easter weekend
:mrgreen:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm

is that a "yes" or a "no" Miro?

"there are so many abandoned and mistreated dogs already desperately needing homes, so why for heaven's sake produce more dogs"

there are so many abandoned and mistreated children already desperately needing homes, so why for heaven's sake produce more children

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm

so why for heaven's sake produce more dogs, thereby decreasing the chances of any of these finding loving homes? And why, if you are willing and able to give a dog a home, does it have to be a Bulldog? What's wrong with other breeds? What's wrong with you?

Why would i be decreasing the chances of the dogs in homes finding a loving home to live???
I am more than willing and able to give a dog a home,like i told you~find me a Bulldog and i will re home it!
Yes it has to be a Bulldog I dont want any other breed of dog!and NO,there is nothing wrong with me.If you have ever had the pleasure of owning a Bulldog or two,you will understand exactly where im coming from.
:roll:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Fair point Julian. You are right. Any lasses out there who fancy a quickie, let's hook up & make loads of babies to give away (or sell) to others. Can't think of any reason why not.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Sorry if my opinions offend you PP but they are my own opinions and i am entitled to them,actually I do know what I am talking about,all my dogs came from rescue shelters and i was a voluntary worker for a shelter in the UK also.I know of three such dogs waiting to be re-homed in shelters in spain as we speak! I also happen to agree with Julian on one point(surprise!) if you look at it logically there are also too many humans on this planet.

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Sorry I am with PP.. I have 3 dogs, 2 from shelters and a Shar-pei.. Since having the Shar-pei we have made a decision that if we ever have another it will be a Shar-pei.. We are entitled to have what we want, each to their own... Oh and by the way Julian we have just 'produced' the most beautiful baby girl who was very much wanted and fought very hard to stay with us... Again our decision.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 pm

congrats HKM... :clap:
that´s the way it should be..each makes his/her/one´s own decision !! :)

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:37 pm

rubia wrote:I have also posted this on the "other forum" mentioned ...
Well well well - what a controversial thread I have started!

First of all, I am a very responsible owner and I have had British Bulldogs for the past 20 years, both in the UK and here in Spain. If you look after your dog properly and responsibly there is no reason why they shouldn't be in Spain - Winston Churchill took his everywhere and that didn't suffer .

I know there are dogs full of pounds - I don't need to be told this,

I think the last sentence says it all....."dogs full of pounds"
Nothing to do with stud fees then?

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 pm

I dont have any problems with peoples personal preferences for certain breeds.I happen to have a soft spot for German Shepards,each to their own,but what I would say is that the rescue centres are choc full of abandoned pedigree breeds so I personally would rather give them a home than encourage others to continue breeding any type of dog.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 pm

think the last sentence says it all....."dogs full of pounds"
Nothing to do with stud fees then?
We have took the descision with a lot of thought and consideration to breed my little Bulldog girl~thats exactly what she is to me,My little girl.
The only reason i have for wanting to breed her,is so i can have the pups for myself and no one else,purely selfish reasons,when my little girl grows old and grey,i will have her pups too,who hopefully will live a long and healthy life with us as a family.

There is no way on this earth i would consider having any puppies if my little girls life was at any risk whatsoever.I already lost one Bulldog puppy 2 years ago,and Ruby is my second chance,there is no way i would risk anything to be without her.

Money isnt anything to do with it as far as im concerned,I adore this breed and thats it.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:34 pm

So do we have a forum bulldog romance now then? Please post the puppy photos when they arrive if so...........

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 am

So do we have a forum bulldog romance now then?
Quite possibly Jool!

We have exchanged photos of our dogs,we have a lot of chatting to do with each other and with my vet too.Also my girl isnt going to pregnant in the summer heat,so it could possibly be another 6~8 months away yet,alot of time to do some more research on the matter.Rubia isnt in it for the money either,she also would like another puppy,Rubias male dog looks well looked after and spoilt too. :thumbup:
.I know of three such dogs waiting to be re-homed in shelters in spain as we speak!
Kexon,3 Bulldogs for re homing?
If so,please tell me where i can find out more info on them.I would be more than happy to travel to go and see them.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 am

Hi Princess Peach,my info was incorrect their are actually four on the website.Hope this doesnt get deleted but website is ace-charity.org.The dogs you are interested in are on pages 53(one dog) and three on Page 63.It might be difficult to navigate as the english version doesnt appear to be working at present,but just persevere,I think it may be written in dutch at the moment.Good Luck