Help,i need some directions

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Help,i need some directions

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Can anyone help me with better directions to get to the ACE El Refugio dogs home

http://www.ace-charity.org/du/routebeschrijving.html

Im coming from Gib area,so if anyone can help me with better directions than what their website can give me i would be everso grateful :thumbup: Thanks.x

crazyred
Resident

Re: Help,i need some directions

Postby crazyred » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Can't help with directions PP but, I just looked on the website and wish I hadn't!!! There's about 5 dogs on there that would be coming home with me if I had a garden!!! The black Frenchie looks verrrry cute!! I think you should have him :thumbup:

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:15 pm

hi, you come off the a7 (N340) at La Cala de Mijas & head back as if you were doing a cambio de sentido, just before the turn off for the exit to the N340 heading back to Marbella you will see an exit straight in front of you, large restaurant called El Fogan or something like that I think, market ground on left of this, there is currently a circus set up here. Go straight past restaurant until you get to a roundabout and then its on your right hand side.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Im sorry ive wasted your time. :(

After a long discussion with my husband,he really doesnt want the dog. :( :(
Im not happy about it,but i wont bring a dog into the family home where it wont be loved by everyone.He isnt willing to risk the fact that it might not get on with our other two,who live together wonderfully.Ive tried to persuade him,and he did say,if you want it we will go and get it,but dont expect me to have anything to do with it...I cant bring a dog into a home like that can i :thumbdown:

Apologies for wasting your time asking for directions.I feel really sad.I really wanted that little dog. :(

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 pm

hi PP, sorry to hear that. maybe try what we did? we rescued one, on the understanding we had 24hrs to take her back if needed....this was because some dogs really aggravate my asthma and others dont.

Unfortunately within a few hours of having her at home, i could feel the difference in my breathing. :( reluctantly the next day, we took her back. (giving a donation to the refuge).

Maybe you could try the dog for the 2 days with your other 2, see how they get on, see how your hubby feels and take it from there?...

(ps sorry not replied on fb...will do when i get a minute :wave: )xxx
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Its a bit of a sore point at the min...Im not happy with him,as i really wanted the dog...as soon as its mentioned we start to row. :thumbdown:
It a good idea tho... :thumbup: I did mention that to him,but he was having none of it,kept saying what if it attacked our other two(who are really placid with each other)

Im getting annoyed just typing this as you dont know until you try the dogs together......grrrrBloody men!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 pm

So sorry PP but what about asking hubby his REAL reason for not wanting a third dog? So far it is all assumptions and excuses on his part, or at least seems so to me

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:21 am

Jool,He just doesnt like the breed,he thinks they are horrible and ugly looking.
Thats the most appealing part for me,they are ugly yes,but pretty/ugly,if you understand.

If they had been British Bulldogs he wouldve been there straight away(which is aggravating me),however as they are "Frenchies" he doesnt want to know. :thumbdown:

He also said if it was a pup it wouldve been different,but as hes 3 years old he could ruin things between the two we already have. :?

He is making up excuses yes.. at the end of the day he could learn to love him,but what if he doesnt and hates him...It would then be all my fault...Plus he isnt really an animal person..we have two dogs,because i wanted two.... :think:

I cant say anymore on the subject as im getting annoyed.