Voting at AGM

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
rupertwalker

Voting at AGM

Postby rupertwalker » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:41 pm

We are a community of 80 aprtments with our own president, committee and budget - and are also part of a larger community of 30 large villa..
We have a 24% coefficient and the larger community has a 76% coefficient.
Every year we hold our own AGMs and a combined AGM - this dealing with shared issues like internal roads, street lights, main gate, security fence and common electrical services. We vote and pay by coefficients eg 24:76
Recently the joint AGM was called at very short notice without a public notice or agenda. Our president voted to support  a costly installation without our small community holding a general meeting to discuss and decide on the way she should vote.
I thought a president had to call a general meeting so that the community can decide how it wants to vote on this issue.
Am I right ?
Everyone on our 80 strong community is up in arms about the high cost of the project especially at this rather difficult financial time.
Any views are most welcome - Rupert

Parilla
Resident

Re: Voting at AGM

Postby Parilla » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Not entirely certain, but I think it depends on exactly what the installation you mention concerns, ie whether a qualified majority or a simple majority is required under the LPH to approve this particular addition to the community. If it needs a qualified majority, your president needs approval from your community before voting in the Macro, if it needs a simple majority then you are stuffed - your president can vote as he/she personally wishes regardless of the views of the owners. I think, having suffered similar problems, this is about as daft a part of the law as you can find, a petty dictator's heaven.

As I said, I am not 100% sure about this but no doubt DS can put you on the right track.

rupertwalker

Re: Voting at AGM

Postby rupertwalker » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:06 am

Hi Parilla
Thanks for the help.
The work is to improve the common electrical line which serves both our communities.
The larger community is having all their internal cables replaced - our smaller community is not having any internal work done.

Can you explain the difference between a qualified majority or a simple majority
Thanks again - RW